Windows 10: Photos display in Win10

Discus and support Photos display in Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been told that Windows Photo Viewer is not active in Win10 and that registry entry is required yet I have just been viewing old photos and Photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeordieBoi, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Photos display in Win10

I have been told that Windows Photo Viewer is not active in Win10 and that registry entry is required yet I have just been viewing old photos and Photo Viewer is set as the default. When I come to view newer images it reverts to the standard ? I don't understand? Even when I set the 'open with' for these files it still uses the new viewer until I then go back to the older photos !! What on earth is happening here please ?

Regards

Brian

:)

GeordieBoi, Jul 5, 2016
  2. Voyager22 Win User

New Photo App not Working Properly

The updated MS Photo App is not working properly on my Win10 laptop. It will not display the photo when in edit mode. There is a large black area to the left of all of the editing options. Only the slider bars show to the left where the photo should be
    displayed. how can I fix this so that I can see the changes made to any photo as they are being done?

Voyager22, Jul 5, 2016
  3. PDF Reader will stop working on 02/15/2018

Hi,

It states we must use Windows Photo App to view TIFF but the issue is that this app won't display Multipage Tiff (tested with Win10 1709, Photos 2017.39091.16340.0). There is here a functionality loss.

Will Multipage TIFF support be implemented in Photos?

Cheers

Laurent

Laurent Vonau, Jul 5, 2016
  4. ModUser Win User

Photos display in Win10

?If you Go to >> Control Panel >> Default Programs >> Set Default Programs

ModUser, Jul 5, 2016
  5. Found it and set but there still some JPG files that ask me to set the programme to open with and don't give me photo viewer as an option !! Erm ?

GeordieBoi, Jul 5, 2016
  6. ModUser Win User
    ModUser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Photos display in Win10

1. Photos display in Win10 - Similar Threads - Photos display Win10

2. Old photos not displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old photos not displaying: When I have tried to open old photos in Windows 11, they say that I do not have access to them even though I should. What should I do? In File Explorer, the icon shows as this:In Photos, it says this:...
  3. win10 photos cannot display any pictures

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    win10 photos cannot display any pictures: Reset is useless, the app is broken ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-photos-cannot-display-any-pictures/4b52de0e-f7bc-493d-9fa2-967e27385899
  4. Photos not displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not displaying: I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but in the past when looking in the Photos folder they would appear. Instead, now, something like this display:[ATTACH] May someone help me with this, please?...
  5. Photos on pc are not displayed?

Photos on pc are not displayed?: I have imported all pictures and videos from my iPhone to my PC (Windows 10) . However, I cannot open or play many pictures/videos, it says "the file cannot be opened". How can I solve the problem and see the pictures and videos? [ATTACH] Fotos auf pc werden nicht...
  6. photos displayed as photos not as Mspaint icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos displayed as photos not as Mspaint icons: Whatever view setting I select (Extra Large Icons, Tiles, ...) the Windows Explorer is showing every single picture (JNGP, PNG, ..) as icons, like icons for MSPaint, or Windows Foto I've changed the "open with" application, but it just switches to the icon of the...
  7. Videoproject in WIN10 Photo's

Videoproject in WIN10 Photo's: Hi, I created a movie, added music external mp3's. After compiling the movie, the music is no longer on the place where I had initially put it. Do you know how to solve this?...
  8. Photos not displaying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos not displaying: Im using windows 10, i have a bunch of older photos JPEG that i can see in small and medium thumbnails perfectly, however when i open them to view in photos or view them in large thumbnails they appear with a grey or white band that covers over half the photo. Help???...
  9. Photo on win10

Photo on win10: what type file are the 3d effects for photo? where can they be found on my hard drive. seems this program has a lot of issues and no support to be found. AM I MISSING SOMETHING?????????...
  10. Displaying Photos on map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displaying Photos on map: Is there a relatively easy way to display the location of a photo on a map, based on the GPS coordinated stored in the photo? I can see the coordinates in Picasa3 but getting to a location of a map is a bit of a fiddle (so far). Ideally, I'd like the map to be either...