Windows 10: Photos dissapeared after failed bluetooth transfer from surface to mobile phone.

Discus and support Photos dissapeared after failed bluetooth transfer from surface to mobile phone. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically I send all of my finished jpg or pdf images by right clicking>send to device>send to bluetooth device. It has worked perfect since this last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/saevism, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Photos dissapeared after failed bluetooth transfer from surface to mobile phone.

Basically I send all of my finished jpg or pdf images by right clicking>send to device>send to bluetooth device. It has worked perfect since this last attempt. I attempted to send 2 photos to my phone, I recieved an error message saying transfer has failed. I then noticed to photos category refresh and my photos that I attempted to send just dissapeared. Completely from the computer! I can't find them by searching the file name in file explorer, not in the recycling bin, nothing in quarantine of my antivirus, I restarted my computer, checked %TEMP% in windows (CPhotos dissapeared after failed bluetooth transfer from surface to mobile phone. :) with only the result of a very early and quite useless version of ONE of the photos. Other than that literally not a trace, I even tried using an undeletion program and still cannot find it when searching by file name. Any help would be greatly appreciated! These photos were worked on for over a month and were an opportunity I had been waiting for , for over a year!

submitted by /u/saevism
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/saevism, Oct 2, 2020

2. Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth

I could transfer photos from my mobile to my laptop running windows 8.1 by selecting "share" then Bluetooth on my phone. I updated my laptop on 29th July to Windows 10 and have been testing the upgrade to ensure I can accomplish all I wish.
    When attempting the same process the following message appears on my phone "The device you're trying to send to doesn't support sharing over Bluetooth"
    No settings were changed on my phone and only the upgrade was performed on my laptop. I can still transfer both photos and videos from my laptop to my mobile by selecting "send" and "Bluetooth Device". There are various workarounds but they all take more time. Thank you in anticipation of assistance

SlainteMhath, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth

While waiting for replies I solved this - in Windows 10 by the following steps where -> means click/select.
    1. Start -> Settings-> Devices -> Bluetooth.
    2. At this point ensure Bluetooth is on and device you wish to make the transfer from is listed and paired.
    3. At the bottom of the same page under Related Settings -> Send or receive files via Bluetooth -> Receive files.
    4. The Waiting for connection page appears stay on this page and initiate the transfer from your device.
    5. The file is being received window appears with a progress bar when this is complete you will be asked where to save the file and Finish
    It appears these steps have to be performed for each individual file transferred therefore I've pinned the Settings window with Bluetooth selected to the task bar.

SlainteMhath, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Photos dissapeared after failed bluetooth transfer from surface to mobile phone.

Bluetooth pairing between android phone and windows 10 surface book

You have researched well and, unfortunately, there seems to be no panacea to this problem. Bluetooth is simply finicky.

Instead, you can use Surface Book's Wi-Fi adapter for file transfer. (You don't need a Wi-Fi hotspot.) There is the bonus of speed for this too. Zapya and SHAREit are two of the apps that you can use to quickly transfer files between a computer and mobile device over Wi-Fi. Try them. You'll have to install these apps both on the phone and the PC.

user477799, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Photos dissapeared after failed bluetooth transfer from surface to mobile phone.

1. Photos dissapeared after failed bluetooth transfer from surface to mobile phone. - Similar Threads - Photos dissapeared failed

2. how to transfer photos from samsung A51 mobile phone to computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer photos from samsung A51 mobile phone to computer: how do I transfer photos from samsung A51 mobile phone to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-photos-from-samsung-a51-mobile/5e386624-8339-4f00-93f2-d7063e0df63b
  3. how to transfer photos from samsung A51 mobile phone to computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to transfer photos from samsung A51 mobile phone to computer: how do I transfer photos from samsung A51 mobile phone to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-photos-from-samsung-a51-mobile/5e386624-8339-4f00-93f2-d7063e0df63b
  4. photo transfer from i phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photo transfer from i phone: When I try to download photos from my i phone 12 i constantly lose the connection. How to I keep a consistent connection so it doesnt keep asking me to try again?...
  5. photo transfer from i phone

photo transfer from i phone: When I try to download photos from my i phone 12 i constantly lose the connection. How to I keep a consistent connection so it doesnt keep asking me to try again?...
  6. photo transfer from i phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Issue transferring files from mobile phone to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue transferring files from mobile phone to PC: Hi,I have always had issues transferring files from my mobile android to PC, because the windows Photo app which I didn't want to use repeatedly got in the way causing problems. Today I found a question/answer to remove Photos from my PC which I did via Windows Power...
  8. Issue transferring files from mobile phone to PC

Issue transferring files from mobile phone to PC: Hi,I have always had issues transferring files from my mobile android to PC, because the windows Photo app which I didn't want to use repeatedly got in the way causing problems. Today I found a question/answer to remove Photos from my PC which I did via Windows Power...
  9. Windows Change photos Creation Date after transferred from Mobile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Change photos Creation Date after transferred from Mobile: Hello, I have photos on mobile, when I transferred it to Windows 10 using Bluetooth or even Direct Wifi I noticed that the creation and modification date of the Photos has been changed to the date it moved to the pc !!! I never faced this problem with Windows 7any solution...
  10. Importing photos from mobile phones.

Importing photos from mobile phones.: My PC recognises my Samsung GT-19100 but tells me that there are no photos to import. But there is! What's to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/importing-photos-from-mobile-phones/bbc0dde2-6332-452d-be9b-99951ce6f051