Windows 10: Photos, documents, favorites and history

Discus and support Photos, documents, favorites and history in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I restart or shut down my PC my favorites and history vanish. All of my saved phots and past saved docs have vanished? HELP!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bb6119, May 23, 2020.

1. bb6119 Win User

Photos, documents, favorites and history

Every time I restart or shut down my PC my favorites and history vanish.

All of my saved phots and past saved docs have vanished?

HELP!

:)

bb6119, May 23, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 23, 2020
  3. Internet explorer favorites to one note

Hi,

I am not 100% sure what is your goal - but guessing that someone suggested you to export the favorites from the PC and organize them in OneNote.

To export the list open the IE click Favorites on your PC - Click the arrow next to the Add to Favorites... to display additional options.

Click the Import and Export and follow the wizard for the export.

Open the exported file (bookmark.htm) and copy/paste the links to any editor (OneNote, Word etc.) if you need to make changes in the list.

Email the exported file or edited list of bookmarks to your phone so you can access it from the device. (OneNote document could be synced automatically with your Live account)

I think that the person is using the OneNote synchronized with Live account as a alternative list of bookmarks on his phone. Off course you can add the page opened from your list to the device Favorites list following the steps described here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowspho...vorites-and-history-in-internet-explorer.aspx

Best Regards

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, May 23, 2020
  4. Photos, documents, favorites and history

how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Photos, documents, favorites and history

1. Photos, documents, favorites and history - Similar Threads - Photos documents favorites

2. Favorite photos do not appear in Favorite Album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorite photos do not appear in Favorite Album: I have marked photos as favorites with the heart but only a few of them appear in the favorites album. All of the photos are in the same folder and they all appear in Collections. I have rest the Photos app and restarted the computer. Still only a handful of the favorited...
  3. Favorite photos do not appear in Favorite Album

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favorite photos do not appear in Favorite Album: I have marked photos as favorites with the heart but only a few of them appear in the favorites album. All of the photos are in the same folder and they all appear in Collections. I have rest the Photos app and restarted the computer. Still only a handful of the favorited...
  4. Favorite photos do not appear in Favorite Album

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sort photos by favorite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort photos by favorite: Hello,I have a folder with thousands of photos. I have marked some favorites out of those and want to delete all othersI tried to sort by Favorite, but there is no such option. I have the latest version of Win 11 as of Feb/03/2023How do I select the "non-favorites" so I can...
  6. Sort photos by favorite

Sort photos by favorite: Hello,I have a folder with thousands of photos. I have marked some favorites out of those and want to delete all othersI tried to sort by Favorite, but there is no such option. I have the latest version of Win 11 as of Feb/03/2023How do I select the "non-favorites" so I can...
  7. Searching for favorite photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching for favorite photos: So frustrated. I am trying to mark photos as favorites and then find them at a later date. I have read the threads and none are helpful and all seem to include people that get no resolution: My photo albums do seem to be in the photo app the main photos folder is and I have...
  8. Searching for favorite photos

Searching for favorite photos: So frustrated. I am trying to mark photos as favorites and then find them at a later date. I have read the threads and none are helpful and all seem to include people that get no resolution: My photo albums do seem to be in the photo app the main photos folder is and I have...
  9. Favorites in Photos

Favorites in Photos: What does flagging a photo as "Favorite" in Photos do? I can't find anyway to search for "Favorite" as a parameter in File Explorer. How does "Favorites" function? What is it's purpose if not to filter search results?...
  10. Favorite photos

Favorite photos: Hi, I've marked some photos as favorites in Windows 10 (by clicking on a heart icon), now hey are gone from the list of all photos and can't find them anywhere. Where are they stored please? Thanks...