Windows 10: Photos doesn't read my pictures

Discus and support Photos doesn't read my pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't believe how messed up microsoft have done such a basic thing as a photos app. My app stopped updating, but i didn't bother that much at that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vibal, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Vibal Win User

Photos doesn't read my pictures

I can't believe how messed up microsoft have done such a basic thing as a photos app.

My app stopped updating, but i didn't bother that much at that point 'later i will fix it' i tought.

Until i realized it wasn't reading any folder i tried to add.

Pretty much after a whole day troubleshooting, following instructions from numerous topics with problens (right here and elsewhere) and trying a number of methods... im giving up.

Reseted and unninstalled/reinstalled the app inumerous times (all it accomplished was erase the photos it still recognized).

Ive changed the user rights to read/modify to full control to all my hdds (and subfolders/files, everything), for all users on the system. Ran sfc /scan, rebuilt indexing and thumbnails just because why not? Restarting the os every time and such

All that is left is a system restore or full windows re-install.

I just won't. For one, because of other issues i had in the past (hardware and such) i had to disable system restore and forgot to re-enable, so i have no previous points to restore to- but even if i had i wouldn't.

It is just unbelievable that some design flaw on a simple app (yes, design, it seems pretty clear what makes such a mess here) requires of us system wide measures and such finesse as 'clean re-install' to 'fix'. Since my hdds are fine (double checked), all other software and windows explorer itself can read everything just fine, it seems pretty clear that the photo app resort to some strange user-account tied-in configuration that decides how it behaves or perceives files based on ownership or whatever- for reasons unclear or terribly coded since other apps tied to user-accounts seem to work better.

I recently switched to a local account on my machine, just because i wanted to turn on the machine and auto-login imediatly (a obscure option that windows 10 decided to hide, but impossible if tied to the online account). I suspect that the app stored some setting from the previous account in some way that seems impossible to clean- i mean, ive wiped the app data in diferent ways on diferent occasions to no avail, im not sure if that is stored in some registry entry i couldn't find or if its defined server side, coming with the app as it installed or.. idn, im throwing wild guesses at this point.

Can someone at microsoft point me to a proper fix to the problem above, given this information? Something diferent please, like a registry fix or something- don't come with the copy-paste answers ive found online, i tried all those fixes already and no, i can't restore my system and i won't go to the mess of re-installed my entire os for such a thing (numerous reasons, but even out of principle).

Meanwhile im having to resort to third party apps (wich i hate when i doesn't need to, or id say when i shouldn't need)- saddly they're either one or two features short of what i need or too many features more, in bloated software that is slower to run or ugly or with terrible usability.

:)

Vibal, Oct 31, 2018

2. Lost pictures from Live photo gallery

I tried what you suggested and it did not help. I can only find the pictures if I open motion picture browser. They were in live photo gallery before. It always had a drop down menu to click and it would let you click a folder or all photos and videos.
    I have no idea why it doesn`t now.

I thank you for trying to help me.

CindyPainter, Oct 31, 2018
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Photos doesn't read my pictures

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Photos doesn't read my pictures

1. Photos doesn't read my pictures - Similar Threads - Photos doesn't read

2. Windows 11 "Print" doesn't read the AdobeRGB profile embedd on the picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "Print" doesn't read the AdobeRGB profile embedd on the picture: I have pictures with embed AdobeRGB color. When i try to print them on windows 11 right click+print the print preview show me the picture correctly for a second then it changed in a low saturated "grey"version...it's like it's converted in srgb color or doesnt read the...
  3. Windows 11 "Print" doesn't read the AdobeRGB profile embedd on the picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "Print" doesn't read the AdobeRGB profile embedd on the picture: I have pictures with embed AdobeRGB color. When i try to print them on windows 11 right click+print the print preview show me the picture correctly for a second then it changed in a low saturated "grey"version...it's like it's converted in srgb color or doesnt read the...
  4. why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures: using win11 - when I put photos in the photos app, when going back to open them, here's what I get: "looks like we dont support this format"......the pic is a .jpg, so how do I get it to read or change, these pics are priceless!...
  5. why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures

why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures: using win11 - when I put photos in the photos app, when going back to open them, here's what I get: "looks like we dont support this format"......the pic is a .jpg, so how do I get it to read or change, these pics are priceless!...
  6. Renaming Photos in MY Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming Photos in MY Pictures: I went to rename a picture and somehow all my pictures were renamed the same. Can this be reversed? I called Dell Tech and they did a Go Back but it did not fix back to my original names of the photos. Now have 351 photos all named the same thing* Moved from Internet Explorer...
  7. Photos app not reading photos

Photos app not reading photos: Photos app reads all pictures in my pictures folder but I have the following folder with my synced wallpapers and it says no readable photos found the app does not read pictures located in appdata/local/Microsoft/windows/themes The folder is desktop background and it has...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't read my CD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't read my CD's: I found a workaround! In Win 10 the CD is not seen the most of the times a CD or DVD is inserted in the tray. Something goes wrong with what formerly was Interrupt call that now doesn't seem to work anymore. So I tried to make a workaround for every CD I insert!!! To...
  9. My Pictures, photos gone awol!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Pictures, photos gone awol!: Just turned on my new laptop (already messed up by March updates to the tune of having to pay 130euros to get it 'fixed') now I can't access my pictures/photos on my computer!!! So that means 17 years of photos copied to new laptop gone awol?? Anyone else encountered this...
  10. Picture/photos

Picture/photos: I have 40,000+ pictures on my computer. I want to give my kids their own pictures that they took and stored on my computer. With six kids, I can't go through 40,000 pictures six times. I want to go through them one time and move them into their own folders, then I want to...