Windows 10: Photos doesn't register/save crop changes, but will save other changes

Discus and support Photos doesn't register/save crop changes, but will save other changes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloHope somebody can help, as I'm at my wits end. When I open a photo in Microsoft Photos and crop it and save it, then Photos just doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EvaK1, Sep 9, 2021.

1. EvaK1 Win User

Photos doesn't register/save crop changes, but will save other changes

HelloHope somebody can help, as I'm at my wits end. When I open a photo in Microsoft Photos and crop it and save it, then Photos just doesn't register/save these changes. I can get it to save other changes vignette etc.. I use custom settingswhen cropping, and it's like the app doesn't register the cropping of the picture, because I can't use the "Undo all" function either.I have tried troubleshooting, repairing, resetting, reinstalling and looking at the properties of the picture to see if there's anything blocking it and of course restarting the PC after trying each of these, as well as

:)

EvaK1, Sep 9, 2021

2. Cropping and saving photos

Hi I cannot save a copy of photos after cropping them. Have clicked on done. Will not do anything when click on save or save a copy

Photos doesn't register/save crop changes, but will save other changes [​IMG]

MichelleKelly1, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Photos doesn't register/save crop changes, but will save other changes

How to change where I save storage

We appreciate you providing us those information.

Have you already tried changing the Save locations from your
    Settings
    ? If not, you may follow these steps:

• Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    • Click System, then Storage from the left pane.
    • Change where your apps, documents, music, photos and videos are saved by default by choosing your preferred saving location from the drop down boxes.

However, when you unplug the external hard drive, the save locations will be changed to the available device. Another thing that you can do is to choose "Save as" when downloading a file or a photo from the internet.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Photos doesn't register/save crop changes, but will save other changes

1. Photos doesn't register/save crop changes, but will save other changes - Similar Threads - Photos doesn't register

2. Windows photos changes color after crop/save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows photos changes color after crop/save: Hi,Today I saw the Windows Photos app is changing the coler after saving a picture. When I load the photo to view, its perfect. After cropping and saving the photo is more gray. I tried to cut with paint, and there the colors stays normal. So there is somthing in the photo...
  3. Windows photos changes color after crop/save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows photos changes color after crop/save: Hi,Today I saw the Windows Photos app is changing the coler after saving a picture. When I load the photo to view, its perfect. After cropping and saving the photo is more gray. I tried to cut with paint, and there the colors stays normal. So there is somthing in the photo...
  4. Photo cropping doesn't save in custom mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo cropping doesn't save in custom mode.: I can't get the custom cropping mode to save. It goes back to the full size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-cropping-doesnt-save-in-custom-mode/eb994ec6-b82e-4aa1-98fc-1dccb0adaba0
  5. Photo cropping doesn't save in custom mode.

Photo cropping doesn't save in custom mode.: I can't get the custom cropping mode to save. It goes back to the full size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-cropping-doesnt-save-in-custom-mode/eb994ec6-b82e-4aa1-98fc-1dccb0adaba0
  6. Microsoft Photo's will not save the photo after cropping.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo's will not save the photo after cropping.: After cropping a photo it will not let me save the cropped photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-will-not-save-the-photo-after/b9fc3849-7720-4e16-9801-16532ae0db49
  7. Photos crop save as

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos crop save as: Windows 10 Photos, editing - Crop Then "Save As" sometimes generates its own new file name, sometimes it allows me to specify a specific filename for the crop. How do I set it so it always expects me to generate the new file name?...
  8. Changing how photos are saved

Changing how photos are saved: When I inserted a SD card from my camera I accidently clicked for the photos to go to the default Photo app. I want to change the default to my Dropbox account, but when I insert another SD card with photos I no longer get the list with options. How do I get the default to...
  9. Cropping and saving photos

Cropping and saving photos: Hi I cannot save a copy of photos after cropping them. Have clicked on done. Will not do anything when click on save or save a copy [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/cropping-and-saving-photos/8047c1e2-cf1a-4341-9d53-445b40021894
  10. msconfig doesn't save changes

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig doesn't save changes: Hello, I'm trying to edit some settings in the msconfig but when I click apply and ok it doesn't prompt me to restart the computer and when I open it back the settings are back to default.. I tried couple of things I found on the net like running System Configuration as...