Windows 10: Photos download freezing

Discus and support Photos download freezing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I am continually having issues downloading photos from my camera where it will come up with an amount then freeze and drop out any suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DawnBaker2, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Photos download freezing

Hi all, I am continually having issues downloading photos from my camera where it will come up with an amount then freeze and drop out any suggestions welcome please as quite frustrating.

:)

DawnBaker2, Jun 28, 2020
  2. msgbdm Win User

Downloading photos in Windows 10

Downloading from Panasonic digital camera.

I have followed the steps but "Import/Export photos doesn't appear in the dropdown list. Since this is the first time I am downloading into this computer with Windows 10 it was suggested that I need to load new drivers but I can't seem to find them.

msgbdm, Jun 28, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos download freezing :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Photos download freezing

windows 10 photo download

Hi,

We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to check if there are any updates available for the Photos App and install the same and check for status.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Photos download freezing

1. Photos download freezing - Similar Threads - Photos download freezing

2. downloading photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloading photos: have downloaded photos from iphone to PC. How to find them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-photos/ba0912b7-cf8c-460e-925f-5b998bacb880
  3. download photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download photos: IS THERE A WAY TO DOWNLOAD PHOTOS FROM MY IPHONE 8 TO A WINDOWS XP COMPUTER NOT USING ITUNES?I DONT HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-photos/3bce6228-1f12-4a86-a8c7-a371d6c8b923
  4. downloading photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading photos: Hi, for some reason my computer won't now download photos from a USB, i have tried 3 different USB's. I follow correct procedure but when i press import, after a few seconds i get a message saying try again When i put USB in, i get a recognition sound but no USB notification...
  5. downloading photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    downloading photos: trying to download photos from ipad and my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-photos/08f996d2-abbc-49c7-857f-29cba3ad402e
  6. Microsoft Photos - freezes, can't download photos from Iphone...HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos - freezes, can't download photos from Iphone...HELP!!!: I am very upset as I take photos of everything and now I am concerned that I lost them. I am trying or rather been trying everything to download photos from my iPhone to my computer. I use to have VISTA and it worked amazing, plugged in USB and zip, there went my photos....
  7. downloading photos

downloading photos: I just bought a new laptop and I am having trouble figuring out how to make photos import into a folder automatically by the day they are imported. I did have windows 7 and when I put the sd card or download any photos, it would automatically make a folder with the photos...
  8. Downloading photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Downloading photos: When I send photos I take to my email address and try to download them I get this message windows cannot find etc. Also when I use my SD card for my Fuji camera in Drive F the same thing happens Windows cannot find F: etc. This has been going on for a few days now. I do use...
  9. Downloading photos

Downloading photos: I want to download several folders of images to a memory stick. This already has several folders on it, the images on some of which have now been modified in the computer and which I now need to replace; some are to remain as they are and new folders are to be added. I...
  10. Downloading photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading photos: Hi, everytime when i download a photo like 1920x1080 it will be downloaded a lot smaller like 300x244 or something like that. Any hints? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-photos/2f28d1f3-4630-49a4-a42a-74ac67cf0c87