Photos - Facial Recognition Progress

Discus and support Photos - Facial Recognition Progress in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been investigating the facial recognition of the photos app. So far, so good, but I have no way of knowing when/if it is actively performing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MandMLawson, Jul 11, 2018 at 7:32 PM.

1. MandMLawson Win User

I have been investigating the facial recognition of the photos app. So far, so good, but I have no way of knowing when/if it is actively performing facial recognition and the progress of searching all my photos.

1) How do I know if the process is running? Do I have to have the program open for it to be processing?

2) How do I find out its progress? I'd like to know the standard "28273 of 92827 photos processed". Can this be found anywhere?

Thanks

:)

2. Don_Bidyre Win User

Windows Photo and facial recognition.

I'd like to reawaken this thread, as the original question was not answered.

I had read articles suggesting that the Photos app wouldgain facial recognition as part of the creators update, but now the update is arriving, this does not seem to be in the list of enhancements.

As a user still of MS Photo Gallery, I'm eagerly awaiting this function so that I can streamline the apps needed to manage/view my photos.

3. Jay Jap Win User
    Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

4. Jefferson Ore Win User

facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 11, 2018 at 7:35 PM
Thema:

1. Photos - Facial Recognition Progress - Similar Threads - Photos Facial Recognition

2. Scanning a photo picture or document (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff) with the MFC-J-680DW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning a photo picture or document (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff) with the MFC-J-680DW: Is there any way to scan a pdf document and convert it into any of the following file types: jpg, png, gif, tiff? The Brother MFC-J-680DW scans everything into the PDF type of file. That is, after scanning a document or picture, is there an application capable of converting...
  3. Photos app: OneDrive storage indicator "couldn't connect..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app: OneDrive storage indicator "couldn't connect...": In Photos app Settings, the section for OneDrive includes an indicator bar with a caption "You're using 68.5 GB of 1 TB on OneDrive" (or whatever) but (on a couple of devices) below this bar is a message "Last updated 5 days ago" with a clickable "Refresh". Clicking shows...
  4. Scroll wheel (to zoom) in windows photo is no longer responsive

Scroll wheel (to zoom) in windows photo is no longer responsive: After searching, I could not find a thread that addressed the issue that I am having. The scroll wheel after 8 or 9 turns will zoom in by about 15% and then stop (and switching photos is no longer possible after this). The mouse and scroll wheel are fully functioning in...
  5. Microsoft photos and one drive

Microsoft photos and one drive: Help. I went to scan a document and my scanner said it had a problem with Onedrive and Microsoft Photos. It told me to uninstall Onedrive and try again I did this nothing changed. So this time I got a message saying it was a problem with Microsoft Photos to uninstall and try...
  6. windows10 photo viewer problem

windows10 photo viewer problem: My windows10 photo viewer is constantly being filled with strange icons Whenever I try to delete them i get a message saying that I do not have permission to delete them, that one or more may be in use etc.". I have not been able to find help with my problem. I hope that you...
  7. Windows 10 Photos Storyboard

Windows 10 Photos Storyboard: Hi, I just spent 4 hours creating a storyboard and now the screen is black and just spinning. Please tell me I did not lose all my work? I am new to all of this? Was my storyboard too long? Is it free? It lets me create a new storyboard in shorter length. Thank you in...
  8. Can I use the Windows 10 Photos App from within another program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I use the Windows 10 Photos App from within another program?: I'm using the Collectorz.com software BooK Collector, Movie Collector, Comic Collector and Music Collector. They all allow the ability to load images of the front and back covers as well as other images. They also have an Edit button for editing photos. It requires a path...
  9. Microsoft Photos doesn't play Video

Microsoft Photos doesn't play Video: Videos created out of Microsoft photos app in Windows 10 doesn't play after finish. It just pops up a black window for a fraction of second when I click on play option and vanish. The app also get close automatically after that. Please help...
  10. Photos app Windows 10 probleme export

Photos app Windows 10 probleme export: Bonjour, quand je réalise un montage vidéo (images provenant de GoPro) sur "Photos" de Windows 10 il y a un gros problème à l'export, on ne voit plus les images d'origine mais un écran rose rayé à la place, il reste juste le son. Regardez l'exemple que ça donne sur ma vidéo...