Windows 10: Photos - Facial Recognition Progress

Discus and support Photos - Facial Recognition Progress in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been investigating the facial recognition of the photos app. So far, so good, but I have no way of knowing when/if it is actively performing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MandMLawson, Jul 11, 2018.

1. MandMLawson Win User

Photos - Facial Recognition Progress

I have been investigating the facial recognition of the photos app. So far, so good, but I have no way of knowing when/if it is actively performing facial recognition and the progress of searching all my photos.

1) How do I know if the process is running? Do I have to have the program open for it to be processing?

2) How do I find out its progress? I'd like to know the standard "28273 of 92827 photos processed". Can this be found anywhere?

Thanks

:)

MandMLawson, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Don_Bidyre Win User

Windows Photo and facial recognition.

I'd like to reawaken this thread, as the original question was not answered.

I had read articles suggesting that the Photos app wouldgain facial recognition as part of the creators update, but now the update is arriving, this does not seem to be in the list of enhancements.

As a user still of MS Photo Gallery, I'm eagerly awaiting this function so that I can streamline the apps needed to manage/view my photos.

Don_Bidyre, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Jefferson Ore Win User

facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Photos - Facial Recognition Progress - Similar Threads - Photos Facial Recognition

2. Problem with facial recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with facial recognition: Who can help me? I have a sign-in problem. I can’t use facial recognition feature because it doesn’t work. When I try to log in using this feature, the system sends me to enter the Pin password and then fails. The workaround that I managed to find is to cover the camera and...
  3. Wrong Facial Recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Facial Recognition: I have baby pics of my son. I have a new niece that has come into the family and the photos app is recognizing her face to be the same as my son's. How do you tell the app, this face is not who you think it is?...
  4. Software/hardware requirements for Windows Hello Facial recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Software/hardware requirements for Windows Hello Facial recognition: Hi, I am considering develop an security software so that a user can use facial recognition to login in. To my knowledge, it would be a Windows Hello solution(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-hello). However, I was wondering: 1. Can we use common...
  5. Windows Hello, facial recognition issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Hello, facial recognition issue: I have an issue related to the Windows Hello signing in. It says "Couldn't access the camera". I tried removing and reinstalling this feature but the pop-up keeps coming up. I use Lenovo IdeaPad 500 with Windows 10 installed. I know for sure that my camera, drivers, and...
  6. Microsoft improves facial recognition ability to recognize gender

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft improves facial recognition ability to recognize gender: Microsoft announced Tuesday that it has updated its facial recognition technology with significant improvements in the system’s ability to recognize gender across skin tones. That improvement addresses recent concerns that commercially available facial recognition...
  7. Facial recognition technology: public regulation & corp responsibility

in Windows 10 News
    Facial recognition technology: public regulation & corp responsibility: All tools can be used for good or ill. Even a broom can be used to sweep the floor or hit someone over the head. The more powerful the tool, the greater the benefit or damage it can cause. The last few months have brought this into stark relief when it comes to...
  8. Facial Recognition finds me but no longer logs me in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Facial Recognition finds me but no longer logs me in.: Hello, I have been working with a bunch of Surface Pro 4 computers at work. Facial recognition worked great while setting them all up. After changing privacy settings and adding other users Windows 10 no longer logs me or the other staff members into our accounts. I...
  9. Facial recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial recognition: Industry received my new dell Inspiron 7000 series. When I turned it on it wanted to load the fast access application, so I let it. It then asked me to reboot, so I did that too. I didn't set up the fast access face recognition before I rebooted and now the fast access screen...
  10. Windows 10 and fast access facial recognition merge

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and fast access facial recognition merge: Recently I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 with keeping all files in place... When I started.. I disabled facial recognition to login.. Now I cannot log in to my windows 10 because it is hanging.. Please help 11633