Windows 10: Photos file system error, some apps not working

Discus and support Photos file system error, some apps not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! Windows 10 Pro 1909. Roaming volatile user profile. Everything seems to working ok except … 3D Viewer, Photos, Calculator, Snips , Video Editor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alar Pandis, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Photos file system error, some apps not working

Hi!
    Windows 10 Pro 1909. Roaming volatile user profile. Everything seems to working ok except … 3D Viewer, Photos, Calculator, Snips , Video Editor. Perhaps some other too, not sure. Camera, maps do work, for instance, also Edge Legacy. Apps which do not work – opening just for a moment, no error for user, but in events appears error 1000 and module Windows.UI.Xaml.dll. When to try open a picture file using Photos error appear “File system error -2147219194”. Yes, I’ve installed already old Windows Photo Viewer, but I want to know why these apps do not work. Abviously some access violation problem, seems to. But … for other users on same computer everything work ok, same Apps ok, so it must be something within particular user file system or registry. So, don’t bother to suggest some sfc scan or reinstall etc.
    I tried …
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2798317/microsoft-store-apps-fail-to-start-if-default-registry-or-file-permiss
    … and more, but nothing seems to help. So, maybe out there is some fresh ideas?
    We had same issue on another Windows 10 computer some year ago. Then we tried even to remove particular user profile and created it again … same happen. It went away … I don’t know how, by itself. Miracle!
    More thanks, Alar.

:)

Alar Pandis, Mar 18, 2020
  2. scopio Win User

Cannot view photos in photo app

Thanks Joergi for the link but Photo App did not work in Safe Mode or after running sfc /scannow as suggested in that link.
    I have now done as Brink suggested and Restored Windows Photo Viewer and now I can get to see my photos and pictures. Thanks Brink *Thumbs

scopio, Mar 18, 2020
  3. ben201 Win User
    Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Photos file system error, some apps not working

File system error (-2145042388)

Based on the information you provided, we suggest that you follow the steps below to troubleshoot the error on the Windows App store as it can be one of the causes why your Photo app won't open your pictures.

Here are the steps:

• Press the
      Windows logo+
      Xbutton on your keyboard.

• ChooseCommand Prompt
      (Admin).

• Type in
      powershell.

• Copy and paste the following command:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Keep us updated with the result.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Photos file system error, some apps not working

1. Photos file system error, some apps not working - Similar Threads - Photos file system

2. Getting File System Error -2147219196 on Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting File System Error -2147219196 on Photos app: I am getting File system error -2147219196 while trying to open photos using Photos app, I tried almost all the already available solutions on Internet but none of the solution worked, I clean installed windows 11 again using latest iso image and it was working fine until I...
  3. Getting File System Error -2147219196 on Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting File System Error -2147219196 on Photos app: I am getting File system error -2147219196 while trying to open photos using Photos app, I tried almost all the already available solutions on Internet but none of the solution worked, I clean installed windows 11 again using latest iso image and it was working fine until I...
  4. Photos app and file system error -2147219196

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app and file system error -2147219196: Hello,I am completely stuck.A specific webpage caused my MS Photos app in my desktop to stop working, bringing up a file system error. This first happened on 24/1/24 US format: 1/24/24 for which I eventually undertook a system restoration, and it worked.The problem...
  5. Photos app and file system error -2147219196

Photos app and file system error -2147219196: Hello,I am completely stuck.A specific webpage caused my MS Photos app in my desktop to stop working, bringing up a file system error. This first happened on 24/1/24 US format: 1/24/24 for which I eventually undertook a system restoration, and it worked.The problem...
  6. Windows 10 Photos app crashing with File system error

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Photos app crashing with File system error: Some Windows 10 users are reporting an error when they open an image with the Photos app, the app crashing and they are unable to view that image. The app may simply crash or you may see a File system error followed by some numbers. So, let us see how to fix this issue with...
  7. Cannot open some files in the photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open some files in the photos app: I have a bunch of photos from 2015-present that were transferred from my old laptop to my Surface go about a year ago. I've been trying to declutter my photos app and make more space, but the majority of my photos are greyed out and when I click on them it says that "We can't...
  8. Photos not working-File system error -805305975

Photos not working-File system error -805305975: I cannot get my Photos Viewer to show images. Just a white blank page shows and it freezes. What can I do to get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-not-working-file-system-error-805305975/6ab3f4e7-32e0-4814-b3cd-32d3c6714910
  9. Photo App File system error-2147219196

Photo App File system error-2147219196: whenever I open any picture, I am not able to open it in Photos App. File system error-2147219196. comes and the app goes off. I am not able yo open feedback hub also. I tried updating Photos App also, but no use.[ATTACH]...
  10. File system error (-2147219196) in Photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File system error (-2147219196) in Photos app: Every time I launch the app it crashes and when I try to open a pic it always gives me this error. I've found nothing about it on google, just other people with the same problem as me. Is there any way to fix this? submitted by /u/TaranStark [link] [comments]...