Windows 10: Photos Folder Has Disappeared

Discus and support Photos Folder Has Disappeared in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I had a folder in Pictures where I stored art that I had scanned into my computer for coloring and sharing. Earlier I went to grab an image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/governor_glitter, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Photos Folder Has Disappeared

Hello.

I had a folder in Pictures where I stored art that I had scanned into my computer for coloring and sharing. Earlier I went to grab an image from the folder and I discovered it was GONE. No where to be found. The entire folder. I searched for it. Nothing. I searched the names of files (images) that I know were in the folder. Nothing. I have gone to the recycle bin to see if I somehow deleted it (which I would never do). Nothing. I have no viruses and I am the only user (admin) of my laptop, which is a Dell Latitude E6420. I went to Paint 3D (which is what I used to touch something basic up) to retrieve a file I edited recently and it's not showing up there either.

What has happened? This has never happened to me before.

submitted by /u/governor_glitter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/governor_glitter, Jun 26, 2020

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Jun 26, 2020
  3. silkstone Win User
    Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Photos Folder Has Disappeared upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Photos Folder Has Disappeared

How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Photos Folder Has Disappeared

1. Photos Folder Has Disappeared - Similar Threads - Photos Folder Has

2. Download folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder has disappeared: HiSo I was trying to back up my Downloads folder to Onedrive and I can across the post below:"You cant add a folder to OneDrive Sync that is not in your OneDrive folder. In order to sync your Documents etc, windows moves these folders from...
  3. Download folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder has disappeared: HiSo I was trying to back up my Downloads folder to Onedrive and I can across the post below:"You cant add a folder to OneDrive Sync that is not in your OneDrive folder. In order to sync your Documents etc, windows moves these folders from...
  4. Download folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Quick access folder has disappeared

Quick access folder has disappeared: In Windows 11, suddenly Explorer has lost the quick access folder and all my pinned folders. I tried resetting the folders and doing the actions recommended on https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clear-and-reset-quick-access-folders-in-windows-11.4693/but they didn't restore it....
  6. A OneDrive Folder has disappeared

A OneDrive Folder has disappeared: I'm experiencing a problem where one folder in my OneDrive has totally disappeared, I can look it up and I can see it one time empty without any recent activity in the history and another time when I sign in again I cannot see it! can you please advise to whom I need to...
  7. A OneDrive Folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A OneDrive Folder has disappeared: I'm experiencing a problem where one folder in my OneDrive has totally disappeared, I can look it up and I can see it one time empty without any recent activity in the history and another time when I sign in again I cannot see it! can you please advise to whom I need to...
  8. A OneDrive Folder has disappeared

9. Folder has disappeared from Documents Folder

Folder has disappeared from Documents Folder: Logged onto my Microsoft computer today and the most important folder in my Documents folder has disappeared. The whole folder including all the documents is gone. When I go into another application like Word and look at the recent documents I can find a document that was in...
  10. downloads folder has disappeared

downloads folder has disappeared: how to get it back? i need very basic instructions. the instructions i found includ find c/user/my name and i don't know how to find that! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-folder-has-disappeared/780a894b-cfb2-4cba-a24a-4345efe38f8a"