Windows 10: photos folder. when I click on it I can't see the actual pictures

Discus and support photos folder. when I click on it I can't see the actual pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, just signed up. When I click on my photos folder I can't see the actual photos, only a blue 'mountain symbol. I have a new laptop and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pamelamcnamara, Mar 15, 2021.

1. photos folder. when I click on it I can't see the actual pictures

Hi folks, just signed up. When I click on my photos folder I can't see the actual photos, only a blue 'mountain symbol. I have a new laptop and have had no trouble like this on my previous laptops. Please can anyone tell me what I have to do to see them properly? Thank you photos folder. when I click on it I can't see the actual pictures :)
    version 1909 windows 10

:)

pamelamcnamara, Mar 15, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      photos folder. when I click on it I can't see the actual pictures acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

photos folder. when I click on it I can't see the actual pictures 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 15, 2021
  4. photos folder. when I click on it I can't see the actual pictures

Why do my photos show up in the microsoft app but not in my pictures folder?

Hi Cindy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "microsoft app", are you referring to photos app?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check the source file for photos app and also copy the picture from external device.

Step 1: I recommend you check the source file settings in the photos app settings and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Settings on the bottom left corner of the Photos app.

4. Then check if under Sources, pictures directory is present or not.

Step 2: I suggest you to directly copy and paste the picture from the external device into the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue displaying pictures imported in the photos app into picture folder, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

photos folder. when I click on it I can't see the actual pictures

1. photos folder. when I click on it I can't see the actual pictures - Similar Threads - photos folder click

2. Is their anyway I can see the actual photos when I put a SD in all at once instead of this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is their anyway I can see the actual photos when I put a SD in all at once instead of this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cosmicacid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mfzoec/is_their_anyway_i_can_see_the_actual_photos_when/
  3. When 'Browsing for a folder' i can't see my other drives

When 'Browsing for a folder' i can't see my other drives: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/uwy0gxrdwc961.png?width=320&format=png&auto=webp&s=aa6c7d56ded65bfb8e1f1c5125eb2642dd1ee182 All i get is this, (And if i unfold it's just folders on my C: drive) i've already tried resetting all my folder settings but that doesn't seem...
  4. I can't see the Windows.old folder.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't see the Windows.old folder.: I'm trying to delete older versions of Windows but I can't see the folder anywhere. It's not in the Storage Sense menu, Disk Clean-Up, File Explorer, and the Run app can't find it either. It's taking up a lot of storage in my PC so I can't upgrade to newer versions! The...
  5. After the recent 2004 update i can't see the recent folders section when right clicking on...

After the recent 2004 update i can't see the recent folders section when right clicking on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/John2029 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihipuv/after_the_recent_2004_update_i_cant_see_the/
  6. When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo.: When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo. I just get the default icon. How can I see the photo without opening it? The file extensions are almost all .jpg I am using windows 10...
  7. Can't view any pictures when I click on them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't view any pictures when I click on them.: Every time I try to view a picture, photo, or download on file explorer I get a pop up that says invalid view for registry. I'm really confused and stressed what's wrong? Please simplify your answer....
  8. When I open a folder I have to click on the Maximize button to see the window full size.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I open a folder I have to click on the Maximize button to see the window full size.: New windows, folders and files usually open in a small size. In order to see the full screen I have to click on the Maximize button. How do I fix this?...
  9. I can't create new folders when clicking on "New Folder" from the Ribbon

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't create new folders when clicking on "New Folder" from the Ribbon: Hi, I have a problem with the menu after clicking right button of the mouse. The menu appears in a short form. It is not complete. There are a lot of functions disappeared from it,such as open with, cut, copy, new, create shortcut .... etc. Besides I can't create new...
  10. I can't see picture unless I open them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see picture unless I open them: First of all, I don't know if this is the right forum for this question. If it's not, please free to remove it. I know this subject title sounds not a serious problem. It started 2 days ago. I don't remember the exact time. I tried to google, but I don't know how to...