Windows 10: Photos Folder

Discus and support Photos Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have a big problem in finding photos I want to upload to site. Now using Windows Photos and also Google photos. Just need photos when loaded from CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lowdown, Feb 23, 2017.

1. lowdown Win User

Photos Folder

Have a big problem in finding photos I want to upload to site. Now using Windows Photos and also Google photos.

Just need photos when loaded from CD card to wind up in single photos, so I easily can find in one folder in Library.

Thanks ahead of time.

:)

lowdown, Feb 23, 2017
  2. SueGrant Win User

'Save as' options in Windows 10 Photo Viewer

To answer your questions, Abdul, the photos I am viewing are in their own folders (which are inside of project folders inside of the 'Documents' folder on my computer. (Note: These photos cannot be located in the Windows 'PIctures' folder because I have
    many 'projects' for my business and these folders hold other documents besides photos.) I am viewing them from these folders because when I open the project folder I double click on the photo and it opens in the Windows photo viewer. When I make edits to
    these photos I can 'save' them and it replaces the original photo with the saved one and that photo is still located in this same folder. However, when I want to save both the original photo, plus the edited photo, I click 'save copy' and instead of it being
    saved in the same folder that the original photo is in, it puts it in the Windows 'Pictures' folder. This is problematic because then I have to open the 'Pictures' folder and transfer those photos back into the folder I am working in. Sometimes I am editing
    photos in many different project folders and so I have to move lots of photos from the 'Pictures' folder to lots of other different folders. Is there no way to reset the default to make edited photos to be 'saved to' the folder the photos are actually located
    in?

SueGrant, Feb 23, 2017
  3. shortcut images using Windows Photo Viewer, or Microsoft 10 Photos app

I am using Windows 10. I have created a folder (folder X) comprising only shortcuts to photos in several folders. When I use Windows Photo Viewer, or the Microsoft 10 Photos app, to run a slideshow of my photos I can display the first photo, but subsequent
    photos in the slideshow come from the target folder for the first shortcut, not the photo corresponding to the second shortcut in folder X.

How can I get the slideshow to show only the photos with shortcuts in folder X?

davidgodden, Feb 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Photos Folder

Just need photos ............ to wind up in single photos .....??? Sorry, I think you'll need to be clearer unless maybe someone is intuitive enough to understand your requirement.

Perhaps you could give an example?
    Or post a screenshot illustrating your problem (See icon 'Insert Image' above post)

dalchina, Feb 23, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    @lowdown - it's not clear what you're trying to say.

Are you trying to find your photos with the Photos app? The default location for photos to end up is in the Pictures folder. The easiest way to find it is File Explorer. Open File Explorer, look at 'My PC' and you'll see it there.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Photos Folder

1. Photos Folder - Similar Threads - Photos Folder

2. Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.: All my edited photos are being saved into "Gallery", instead of them going back into the folder that they came from. This means I have to cut them individually and paste them into "Pictures" where they show up at the bottom of all my photos folders and from there I have to...
  3. Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.: All my edited photos are being saved into "Gallery", instead of them going back into the folder that they came from. This means I have to cut them individually and paste them into "Pictures" where they show up at the bottom of all my photos folders and from there I have to...
  4. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  5. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  6. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  7. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  8. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  9. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  10. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...