Windows 10: Photos from Camera Roll

Discus and support Photos from Camera Roll in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot open my pictures that I took with the camera on my surface pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Victoria Horned Eagle, May 20, 2019.

1. Photos from Camera Roll

I cannot open my pictures that I took with the camera on my surface pro.

:)

Victoria Horned Eagle, May 20, 2019

2. When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, May 20, 2019
  3. camera roll

Hi Rosalyn,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for arranging the camera pictures in recent order and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+E” it will open file explorer.
    • Go to “This PC” and click on “pictures folder”.
    • Then click on “camera roll folder”.
    • And right click on the empty space and select “sort by” option.
    • Then select ascending option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 20, 2019
  4. Photos from Camera Roll

Onedrive camera roll.

What I found was the same as you so what I do is this.
    I either rename the folder or move the photo to a folder I have made already, and then I delete that Camera Roll folder
    Then next time I download another lot of photos it recreates a folder called Camera Roll again

hTconeM9user, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Photos from Camera Roll

1. Photos from Camera Roll - Similar Threads - Photos Camera Roll

2. Videos and Photos not in Camera Roll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos and Photos not in Camera Roll: I've filmed and taken multiple photos and videos on the camera of my surface 7, but I can only see three files in my camera roll. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-and-photos-not-in-camera-roll/4a3bac44-4ae8-433a-a4d3-c104523e72ea
  3. Cannot access camera roll and its photos

Cannot access camera roll and its photos: Hello, So as stated above, I am unable to access the photos in my camera roll. Whenever I try to access it through quick access on the file explorer it tells me the file is unavailable. Although I can access it through photos>then clicking the camera roll, so what is the...
  4. Moving photos from the camera roll to a file folder in one drive

Moving photos from the camera roll to a file folder in one drive: Hello, I am wanting to know if there is a way to move photos to a file folder from my camera roll , and no longer have them show up in my camera roll just in the file folder i put them in?...
  5. Photos from my iPhone camera roll automatically sync to my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos from my iPhone camera roll automatically sync to my laptop: Hello I'm really battling to figure out how to stop the photos from my iPhone camera roll automatically syncing to my laptop photos app. I don't want the photos to automatically appear on my laptop. Version number: Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.720) Thanks in advance for...
  6. Camera Roll

Camera Roll: Hello, I am trying to print multiple photos on one page. This is not available through pictures and when I tried to look at camera roll the pictures were not there to choose but the ability to print multiple is... How do I get my photos on camera roll from pictures, or how...
  7. Camera Roll

Camera Roll: Photos taken using this Laptop used to be available from a box in the camera window; now they are there until the Camera window is closed and then there is a msg. saying "You haven't captured anything recently. Open the Photos app..... Earlier today they were not there...
  8. Moving Pics from the Camera Roll

Moving Pics from the Camera Roll: I want to move my pictures to a separate folder and get them off my camera roll. I created a folder and was able to move the pics to that folder but they also stay on my camera roll. If I delete them from the camera roll it also deletes them from the folder. How am I able...
  9. Photos and videos vanish from camera roll

Photos and videos vanish from camera roll: I took some photos and videos with the Windows Camera app. I was able to watch the videos and look at the photos afterwards. But after re-connecting my Surface to the docking station my videos and photos disappeared without an undelete tool to even find or recover them....
  10. Onedrive camera roll.

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive camera roll.: I have a folder in onedrive named camera roll. The last 2 days I took pictures with my iphone (5s). Yesterday my iphone onedrive app put the pictures in a new folder named camera roll 1, today it put pictures in a new folder named camera roll 2. Can anybody explain why this...