Windows 10: photos from camera to pc running win 10

Discus and support photos from camera to pc running win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a little Sony camera. CAMERA, not telephone. I just took some shots for my insurance carrier, and I need to transfer them from the camera to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gustaveflaubert1, Feb 13, 2020.

1. photos from camera to pc running win 10

I have a little Sony camera. CAMERA, not telephone.

I just took some shots for my insurance carrier, and I need to transfer them from the camera to the pc, so that I can attach them to an email and send them.

The last time I did this, I was running win 7; now I have win 10.

The last time I did this, it worked fine:

THIS TIME I get nothing.

The "help" pages all assume that when I connect the camera to the pc by its little USB cable I will see something on-screen about IMPORTing the photos. I get nothing new. I looked in the "pictures" folder, but there are only old data there from when I had Win 7. no IMPORT message, no "autoplay" or whatever it used to be.

Can someone please tell me how to do this simple task? I don't want to doctor up these shots, or to send them to clouds or planets or satellites, or to learn some hot new app that makes me an album or any other thing: I just want them transferred from the camera to the pc so i can send them by email. Why is this new-improved os so difficult?

:)

gustaveflaubert1, Feb 13, 2020
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Jeddie Win User
    Win 10 does not see my Camera?

All,
    I have a Sony digital camera DCS-W730 (not a camera on my phone. Its a seperate camera) that I can no longer download photos to my PC? I haven't used the digital camera since I upgraded to win 10 in Jul 2016. I could download when I was on win7 with no problem.

When I plug in the camera via usb, Windows opens that box that has only 3 choices; Configure, Open, Do nothing.
    Also when I go to file Explorer, W10 has opened up an 'M' & a 'K drive? I can see some photos but these are from 2013? Any recent photo I have taken cannot be found?

If I disconnect the camera, & connect my mp3 player (not a phone, but old school mp3 player), Windows promptly opens that box of choices but this time it offers an option to import photos? This is what is used to do for my camera?
    I have searched the web without success. I checked Sony website and it says my camers is compatible with win 10.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Any suggestions on how to fix?

Running Ver1709

Jeddie, Feb 13, 2020
  4. photos from camera to pc running win 10

Unable to import photos from my camera to my PC

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to import pictures from camera? Do you get any error message?
    • Does your camera gets detected by Windows when you connect it?
    • What is the make and model of your camera and PC?

Let's try the steps below to import photos from camera to your PC.

• Connect a camera your PC.

• Open the Photos app.
    • Swipe up from the bottom edge.

(If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)

• Tap or click Import.

If you have problems or want to import from a DVD, see
      Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

• Tap or click the device you want to import from.

• The app automatically searches for all photos and videos that it hasn’t imported before and selects them. You can also swipe down on or click each photo and video you want to import, or tap or click
      Select all.
    If the camera is not detected when you connect it to Windows, there could be possibility of driver issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling the camera driver may help us in getting this issue resolved.

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Camera driver in the list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Camera manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope it helps. Please let us know on the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

photos from camera to pc running win 10

1. photos from camera to pc running win 10 - Similar Threads - photos camera running

2. Transferring photos from old camera to newer PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring photos from old camera to newer PC: New W10 hp Asus laptop has Memory Card slot that matches the SDHC card from my FinepixZ camera. When I plug it in the icon for it shows in Settings>Bluetooth and Others, but all I see is this icon with no Drive or leads to anywhere provided. A camera store then talked me into...
  3. Importing photos from camera

Importing photos from camera: I have a Fuji JX420 digital camera, about 10 years old. All of a sudden, it won't let me import photos from camera to computer. I get a msg " 0 videos imported" but I'm not trying to import videos, just photos! I even tried shooting a video and importing it, and got the same...
  4. Loading photos from a camera

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading photos from a camera: Every time MS sends an update, many of my personal setting are gone with the wind. Isn't it possible for MS to let their fingers from personal things ? They're none of their bloody business. Now: I have a Nikon camera and always load the pictures and videos to my laptop by...
  5. Downloading photos from Camera

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading photos from Camera: When downloading photographs from a camera, what settings need to be made to erase the photographs in the camera after these are downloaded? Using Windows 7, this happened automatically....
  6. Importing Photos from camera to PC Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing Photos from camera to PC Windows 10: I have never had this problem before and I don't think I have changed any settings either on my camera or on my PC. I recently returned from a trip and tried to download photos from my Lumix ZS-50 camera to my PC (Windows 10), without success. I tried both the cord...
  7. import photos from camera to the photos galery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    import photos from camera to the photos galery: I cannot upload photos from my finepix s camera to my pc. i keep getting the error to unlock my device. This is a new issue, i uploaded photos last week....
  8. Photos from Camera Roll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos from Camera Roll: I cannot open my pictures that I took with the camera on my surface pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-from-camera-roll/4e2bd2c2-4e85-492e-8009-a39ef20ea719"
  9. Download photos from a camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download photos from a camera: How can I download photos from my Canon EOS Camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/download-photos-from-a-camera/af10fd28-6ec5-4b3e-8e8b-d42a48d28e7e
  10. import photos from camera

import photos from camera: I can't seem to figure out why the folder where the photos are is what opens up when I plug in a usb camera and not the photo app. I have autoplay enabled and photo as my default photo viewer. 16502