Windows 10: Photos from my iPhone camera roll automatically sync to my laptop

Discus and support Photos from my iPhone camera roll automatically sync to my laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I'm really battling to figure out how to stop the photos from my iPhone camera roll automatically syncing to my laptop photos app. I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lswiebesiek, May 8, 2020.

1. Photos from my iPhone camera roll automatically sync to my laptop

Hello

I'm really battling to figure out how to stop the photos from my iPhone camera roll automatically syncing to my laptop photos app. I don't want the photos to automatically appear on my laptop.

Version number: Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.720)

Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

lswiebesiek, May 8, 2020

2. Sync camera roll

The solution didn't help. I have Files On-Demand turned on and doing the above steps on makes it possible to access my camera roll folder in OneDrive through file explorer.

I want to back up photos/videos taken on my laptop webcam and screenshots to OneDrive.

I guess I should have said how can I enable syncing of the camera roll to OneDrive.

I hope this makes sense.

DMagnificent, May 8, 2020
  3. When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, May 8, 2020
  4. TanuKart Win User

Photos from my iPhone camera roll automatically sync to my laptop

Some of my photos are not synced to camera roll. How to force them to sync??

I just realized that some of my photos in my phone are not on my Skydrive camera roll folders..

I just assume that they are all safely synced to my Camera Roll folder since I have the settings on automatically upload to skydrive.

Is there anyway to force a re-sync of all my photos to be uploaded to skydrive Camera Roll..

I think this is very dangerous, because all this time I was thinking that all my photos are safe and sound in my skydrive Camera Roll folder.

I assume windows Phone and skydrive have this taken care of since I always have the settings to automatically upload.

Thank you,

TanuKart, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Photos from my iPhone camera roll automatically sync to my laptop

1. Photos from my iPhone camera roll automatically sync to my laptop - Similar Threads - Photos iPhone camera

2. Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC: Photos on my iPhone sync to my iCloud account, my iPad and to my PC Windows 10. Since I reinstalled Windows, I can no longer access the newest photos. No problems accessing those photos that were taken before the re-install. My iPad syncs all photos, plenty of room in my...
  3. Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC: Photos on my iPhone sync to my iCloud account, my iPad and to my PC Windows 10. Since I reinstalled Windows, I can no longer access the newest photos. No problems accessing those photos that were taken before the re-install. My iPad syncs all photos, plenty of room in my...
  4. photos with heic extension synced from iphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos with heic extension synced from iphone.: i installed windows 11 and now my iphone photos are syncing with a .heig. I need them .jpeg format to upload. I am a realtor and this is causing me a serious problem....
  5. photos with heic extension synced from iphone.

photos with heic extension synced from iphone.: i installed windows 11 and now my iphone photos are syncing with a .heig. I need them .jpeg format to upload. I am a realtor and this is causing me a serious problem....
  6. Photos from my iPhone

Photos from my iPhone: I am trying to import photos from my iPhone to Microsoft Photos. The newer ones imported just fine, but for the older ones, I receive a message that says "this file type may not be supported." They are all .jpg files. The older ones only display 1/2 the photo on the laptop...
  7. Stop laptop syncing photos to ipad and iphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop laptop syncing photos to ipad and iphone: How do I stop my windows laptop from syncing my photos to my ipad and iphone. I only wish to keep my photos on the laptop but the laptop automatically syncs to my ipad and iphone. Since then my ipad is out of storage and my iphone keeps crashing....
  8. All of my camera roll from my iPhone is constantly being uploaded to one drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of my camera roll from my iPhone is constantly being uploaded to one drive.: It seems that most people have the opposite issue. For over a year now it has been uploading the entirety of my camera roll from my iPhone into my one drive, and it has causes many issues for me storage wise. I was never notified that this was going to happen. This issue...
  9. Photos from Camera Roll

Photos from Camera Roll: I cannot open my pictures that I took with the camera on my surface pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-from-camera-roll/4e2bd2c2-4e85-492e-8009-a39ef20ea719"
  10. Photos and videos vanish from camera roll

Photos and videos vanish from camera roll: I took some photos and videos with the Windows Camera app. I was able to watch the videos and look at the photos afterwards. But after re-connecting my Surface to the docking station my videos and photos disappeared without an undelete tool to even find or recover them....