Windows 10: Photos from my iPhone

Discus and support Photos from my iPhone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to import photos from my iPhone to Microsoft Photos. The newer ones imported just fine, but for the older ones, I receive a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JaniceMcCallen, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Photos from my iPhone

I am trying to import photos from my iPhone to Microsoft Photos. The newer ones imported just fine, but for the older ones, I receive a message that says "this file type may not be supported." They are all .jpg files. The older ones only display 1/2 the photo on the laptop too, although they are fine on my iPhone. Any ideas?

:)

JaniceMcCallen, Mar 3, 2021

2. how to transfer photos from iphone to pc?

I suggest you use the search string "Iphone photo transfer" but I found this:

How to Transfer Photo from iPod to Computer?

DaedalusHelios, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Ivycao Win User
    how to transfer photos from iphone to pc?

There are some photos in my iphone and I want to transfer them to my pc for editing.The problem is,none of these photos was taken by iphone so it's not easy to transfer.I have done it once before but this time it doesn't work out.I really don't know which step is wrong!Could u pls help me...

Ivycao, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Javo Win User

Photos from my iPhone

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

Javo, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Photos from my iPhone

1. Photos from my iPhone - Similar Threads - Photos iPhone

2. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: Also if this is not possible could someone recommend something similar to the default windows microsft Photos App that can accomplish these to objectives?As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files...
  3. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files so that way only Video files are visible which would make it a lot easier to find the video files i want to import from my phone to my computeris there a...
  4. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files so that way only Video files are visible which would make it a lot easier to find the video files i want to import from my phone to my computeris there a...
  5. All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...: I don't want to give Microsoft my photos through one drive why can't I just transfer photos via USB-C to my computer's physical storage. I only get the option to transfer to one drive but i do not want to use it! I can see the photo's and when i select them all there is only...
  6. All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...

All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...: I don't want to give Microsoft my photos through one drive why can't I just transfer photos via USB-C to my computer's physical storage. I only get the option to transfer to one drive but i do not want to use it! I can see the photo's and when i select them all there is only...
  7. I no longer can download my photos from my iphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I no longer can download my photos from my iphone: It began this year. No photos load since 12/2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-no-longer-can-download-my-photos-from-my-iphone/d187d187-4aec-4179-8669-3911f754bec5
  8. I no longer can download my photos from my iphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I no longer can download my photos from my iphone: It began this year. No photos load since 12/2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-no-longer-can-download-my-photos-from-my-iphone/6da0337d-9e75-4e15-a33e-05209d71ab65
  9. I no longer can download my photos from my iphone

I no longer can download my photos from my iphone: It began this year. No photos load since 12/2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-no-longer-can-download-my-photos-from-my-iphone/6da0337d-9e75-4e15-a33e-05209d71ab65
  10. I no longer can download my photos from my iphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware