Windows 10: Photos from start page vs pictures from Explore Files

Discus and support Photos from start page vs pictures from Explore Files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What is the difference between the Photos in my Start Page and pictures in Windows Explorer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MaryRoyster, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Photos from start page vs pictures from Explore Files

What is the difference between the Photos in my Start Page and pictures in Windows Explorer?

:)

MaryRoyster, Oct 13, 2021

2. Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Photos from start page vs pictures from Explore Files [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Photos from start page vs pictures from Explore Files

Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Photos from start page vs pictures from Explore Files

1. Photos from start page vs pictures from Explore Files - Similar Threads - Photos start page

2. Photos from start page vs pictures from Explore Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos from start page vs pictures from Explore Files: What is the difference between the Photos in my Start Page and pictures in Windows Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-from-start-page-vs-pictures-from-explore/fefb38e7-d6d2-4a6b-b1cb-7f93fae7b0b0
  3. Photos from start page vs pictures from Explore Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos from start page vs pictures from Explore Files: What is the difference between the Photos in my Start Page and pictures in Windows Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-from-start-page-vs-pictures-from-explore/fefb38e7-d6d2-4a6b-b1cb-7f93fae7b0b0
  4. Printing multiple pictures on a page from File Explorer not printing correctly

Printing multiple pictures on a page from File Explorer not printing correctly: Recently I am unable to print multiple pictures correctly on a single page using File Explorer. I have tried from various workstations and printers with no positive results. I did try it from a Windows 7 laptop and it prints correctly, so I have determined it is a Windows...
  5. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  6. remove icloud photos files from file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove icloud photos files from file explorer: remove iCloud photos files from file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icloud-photos-files-from-file-explorer/3a74e97c-28a2-47fa-bb60-2a7362fb1ffc
  7. Move files from "photos" to "pictures"windows 10

Move files from "photos" to "pictures"windows 10: I seem to have 2 separate locations for photos since getting a new pc with windows 10. If I wish to upload a photo to a website ads etc. the "pictures" folder opens, but the picture required may be in "photos" app? Can I transfer all photos from "photos" to "pictures"? so...
  8. Delete iCloud photos from file explorer

Delete iCloud photos from file explorer: Hello everyone, can some help me, how do i delete the icloud folders created in file explorer. I downloaded icloud for windows, had no luck accessing icloud photos. decided to log out and uninstall icloud windows but left with these in the file explorer, that I really...
  9. File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization: In File Explorer, I have put my photos in folders according to the subject. Do I have to do this all over again in the Photos app for Windows 10, in order to get the folder contents from Explorer into albums in the Photos app? Also, any recommendations for an affordable...
  10. Photo Gallery vs Pictures

Photo Gallery vs Pictures: There are more photos in Photo Gallery than in picture files. I tried to back up all my photos in Amazon photos, but not all pictures from Photo Gallery backed up. How do I back up ALL photos?...