Windows 10: Photos have blue arrow icons and now i cannot open them!

Discus and support Photos have blue arrow icons and now i cannot open them! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded some photos from my phone onto my PC and at first there was no problem, i could view them etc. Last night i went to back them up onto a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlieCooper5, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Photos have blue arrow icons and now i cannot open them!

I downloaded some photos from my phone onto my PC and at first there was no problem, i could view them etc. Last night i went to back them up onto a 2nd drive and found they all had double blue arrow icons on them. Did some research and it seems Windows 10 has compressed them?

So i went to properties, advanced and uncompressed only to find each file is showing as ~18.7GB in size when uncompressed and WON'T OPEN.

I am completely at a loss as to how to get these files back now, if somebody can help i would be so grateful.

:)

CharlieCooper5, Mar 4, 2020

2. Blue Arrows on folder and file icons

Autoruns or ShellExView should tell you which application is adding that Overlay.

Use the steps
    here

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 4, 2020
  3. tozduman Win User
    Two blue arrows at top right of icons

The files under Desktop folder have same issue. I solved problem using below steps.

• Right click to Desktop folder.
    • Click to Advanced button
    • Unchecked compress contents to save disk spaces. Click Ok, ok and apply
      buttons.

After these steps, arrows should be disappeared and also you can use below command to clear icon cache.

tozduman, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Photos have blue arrow icons and now i cannot open them!

Photos direction arrows not showing

Hi Rafg,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Since when you are facing this issue with Photos app?

• How many photos are present in the subfolder from where you are trying to open Photos through Photos app? (Inside the My pictures sub folder)
    Please be informed that if you have only one photo in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, you will not see the direction arrows in the Photos app to view the next picture in the Photos app.

If you have multiple pictures in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, then follow the below steps and check if you are able to view the right and left directions in the Photos app to view the pictures.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue with Photos app.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

You may try to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell
      in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Photos app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    Note: After performing the above steps, install the Photos app form the Windows store.

You may try to open the photos app and check if the issue persist.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Photos have blue arrow icons and now i cannot open them!

1. Photos have blue arrow icons and now i cannot open them! - Similar Threads - Photos blue arrow

2. Photos have padlock on them and unable to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos have padlock on them and unable to open: Hi,I have an external HD which I have numerous folders with photos in them. I have some folders where it is telling me that I don't have permission to open the photo when I click on it. It is not every folder only certain ones and every photo in the folder has a padlock on...
  3. Photos have padlock on them and unable to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos have padlock on them and unable to open: Hi,I have an external HD which I have numerous folders with photos in them. I have some folders where it is telling me that I don't have permission to open the photo when I click on it. It is not every folder only certain ones and every photo in the folder has a padlock on...
  4. Brown box icons on files and I cannot open any of them!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brown box icons on files and I cannot open any of them!: Hi, Can someone please explain why most of my files have this brown box icon image below on them and therefore won't allow me to open the file? I get an error message in excel and word image below and adobe PDFs just don't do anything at all. Ever since I updated to Windows...
  5. Desktop Icon now display arrows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Icon now display arrows: After a recent update of windows 10 the desktop icons started to appear like in the screenshot below. Is this a default way of presenting the Icons on the desktop? and if so how do I change it back to the more traditional way to get rid of the ">>>"...
  6. Blue arrow on icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue arrow on icons: Blue arrow on icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-arrow-on-icons/2daa638c-979f-4cd8-92bd-3b7f886028f5
  7. Windows apps have the same icons as photos when I search them. They have the correct icons...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows apps have the same icons as photos when I search them. They have the correct icons...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kreetikal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h03q6a/windows_apps_have_the_same_icons_as_photos_when_i/
  8. I did this and now my files have two blue arrows on the icons. How do I undo it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I did this and now my files have two blue arrows on the icons. How do I undo it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlackOsmash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvknng/i_did_this_and_now_my_files_have_two_blue_arrows/
  9. All my file icons now have blue arrows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my file icons now have blue arrows: All of my file icons in file manager show blue arrows in bottom left corner but when I check the file properties the compress box is not ticked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-file-icons-now-have-blue-arrows/1fb11e78-b0d4-4f88-a9c2-b616d8bd2f91"
  10. blue arrows on icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue arrows on icons: [ATTACH] how to remove his blue arrows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-arrows-on-icons/5b5fc570-dff5-4041-80c0-080ad5c65c4a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pictures have a blue arrow on them