Windows 10: Photos have changed to jpg's!

Discus and support Photos have changed to jpg's! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my photos have changed to pdf's and I can't open them! Why and how can I fix this? I can highlight one at a time and right click and open it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CorySusser, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Photos have changed to jpg's!

All my photos have changed to pdf's and I can't open them! Why and how can I fix this? I can highlight one at a time and right click and open it using Photos from the dropdown, but that doesn't change the extension. I'm using Windows 10 on an Acer PC. Thanks for your help!

:)

CorySusser, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 28, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos have changed to jpg's! :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Photos have changed to jpg's!

Change photo tags for upload...not afterwards

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to sort the photos by date in the saved location and check if it helps.

To do so, follow the below steps:

• Open the folder where the photos are saved.

• Click on View tab.

• Click Group by, then click Date.
    Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Photos have changed to jpg's!

1. Photos have changed to jpg's! - Similar Threads - Photos changed jpg's

2. jpg photos don't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpg photos don't open: my jpg photos won't open in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photos-dont-open/863bd1aa-30a7-4ea7-8cc7-4cb6c68be60b
  3. jpg. photos replaced with icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg. photos replaced with icons.: I keep several folders on my desktop of bird jpg. photos. I use them as a visual library.The past two Saturdays the photos have been replaced with icons. Have been unable to reactivate photos. Have checked File Explorer settings and the option to replace phots with icons is...
  4. jpg photos corrupt

jpg photos corrupt: I have corrupted JPG images. I cannot open I used most of the programs for the repair [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photos-corrupt/20079b5f-d428-4d19-8c6b-794bf7ca4916
  5. String of photos in JPG files

String of photos in JPG files: Hello, When I try to upload one Document JPG photo a string of my oher photos are attached. I had originally sent these photos from my iPhone to email and saved to documents as JPGs. I notice others have had this problem. Has anyone found a solution to this problem and...
  6. JPG photos not supported on Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPG photos not supported on Photos: Good evening. Have been trying to transfer photos from my Samsung S7 and they are in jpg format and when I try and open on desktop or laptop they say unsupported. Tried to uninstall and reinstall and still not working. Apologies if asked and solved already but this is...
  7. Photos in jpg

Photos in jpg: Heei! Why when I download photos from my camera SD card the photos are not saving in jpg? Because when I want to send my photos from the pc I just can not find the pics there...
  8. opening jpg photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening jpg photos: I cannot open photos in jpg format when I double click on them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpg-photos/fcce5b94-6b60-4f59-a732-28835bcdcdc0
  9. Photo's JPG size reduction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo's JPG size reduction: How do I reduce a photo's JPG size? Example: I have taken a good photo and its JPG size is about 9 MBs. I want to e-mail it at a much lower JPG size for it to be viewed, not printed....
  10. Printing a JPG photo

in Windows 10 Support
    Printing a JPG photo: I have Windows 10 and have a photo in my pictures folder in jpg format. There is no icon on that screen enabling me to print that photo. How to do it? 41412