Windows 10: Photos have dissappeared!

Discus and support Photos have dissappeared! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop with Windows10. We downloaded all of our photos from old computer on to new computer in the Photo app. Everything was fine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jcsitler, Jan 2, 2019.

1. jcsitler Win User

Photos have dissappeared!

Hi, I have a laptop with Windows10. We downloaded all of our photos from old computer on to new computer in the Photo app. Everything was fine and viewable. One day I noticed the photo app was entirely gone. I re-installed but all of my photos were gone. Any suggestions? This occurred after I completed a whole bunch of updates. Also, our new computer which we created a new user account for has somehow on its own, recently reverted back to our old computer's user account. We had to get a new computer because when we downloaded 10 onto our old, the whole thing froze up and was never again accessible. I really just want my pictures back. Any suggestions? Thanks

:)

jcsitler, Jan 2, 2019

2. Photos dissappeared from folder

Hi I hope someone can help me, I'm running Windows 10 and had loads of photo folders in pictures which have just dissappeared. I've tried everything I've read but can't find them or restore them in anywhere.

I found I had the issue when I bought an external hard drive to back them up and to my horror they are all gone!

Any suggestions or anyone had this issue and resolved it!

All sub folders with photos in on the desktop are still there.

Thanks in advance

ChrisMurray_81, Jan 2, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos have dissappeared! :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Photos have dissappeared!

Photos dissappeared from folder

Hi Mark,

To the best of knowledge I belive there may have been an update also my anti virus expired but I put a new one on straight away.

One anomaly that comes to mind was all my usual desktop files and background completely changed and lots of software dissappeared when the system started up. I could access files through hard drive via desktop including photos. Then about a week later all
    the stuff came back on the desktop and then that's when the picture files dissappeared but all software and stuff on desktop was safe.

Hope that helpa

ChrisMurray_81, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Photos have dissappeared!

1. Photos have dissappeared! - Similar Threads - Photos dissappeared

2. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: Also if this is not possible could someone recommend something similar to the default windows microsft Photos App that can accomplish these to objectives?As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files...
  3. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files so that way only Video files are visible which would make it a lot easier to find the video files i want to import from my phone to my computeris there a...
  4. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files so that way only Video files are visible which would make it a lot easier to find the video files i want to import from my phone to my computeris there a...
  5. desktop changes to tile view photo and icons dissappear until I click the show desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop changes to tile view photo and icons dissappear until I click the show desktop...: throughout the day my desktop photo will change.It will look normal, photo showing on entire desktop with my icons.then the pic will randomly change to just the center and the left and right sides are a color. It is whatever color I have picked if I were to use just a color...
  6. desktop changes to tile view photo and icons dissappear until I click the show desktop...

desktop changes to tile view photo and icons dissappear until I click the show desktop...: throughout the day my desktop photo will change.It will look normal, photo showing on entire desktop with my icons.then the pic will randomly change to just the center and the left and right sides are a color. It is whatever color I have picked if I were to use just a color...
  7. Photos dissappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos dissappeared: I used Microsoft Photos to import photos from my android. After importing photos and videos I trusted the app to keep all the pictures and so I permanently deleted them from my phone. After a day or two, suddely the photos and videos were gone. Is there a way for me to get...
  8. Photos dissappeared

Photos dissappeared: I used Microsoft Photos to import photos from my android. After importing photos and videos I trusted the app to keep all the pictures and so I permanently deleted them from my phone. After a day or two, suddely the photos and videos were gone. Is there a way for me to get...
  9. Where did all my photos from my camera over the years dissappear to?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did all my photos from my camera over the years dissappear to?: I have lost he ability to access my history of photos imported from my camera for the past 10 years. Where did they go? P L E A S E HELP ME...
  10. Albums dissappeared after resetting Photos app

Albums dissappeared after resetting Photos app: I have windows 10. I was using the Photos app trying to create an album, when every time I clicked "Create" the Photos app crashed. I went to the Photos App Settings and selected "Reset". The Reset says,"If the app isn't working right, we can try and repair it. THE APPS DATA...