Windows 10: Photos having unknown start issues

Discus and support Photos having unknown start issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the most recent windows update, Microsoft photos will inconsistently work. sometimes it works fine, sometimes it takes up to a minute to start,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tayo Fox, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Tayo Fox Win User

Photos having unknown start issues

After the most recent windows update, Microsoft photos will inconsistently work.

sometimes it works fine, sometimes it takes up to a minute to start, sometimes it starts up, but freezes in place, and doesnt respond from there. windows also never reports it as "not responding".
    i've tried sfc /scannow, chkdsk /f /r, and used HDTune to make sure nothing's wrong with my hard drive. all said nothing is wrong. edit: also tried restarting my system

i have noticed no decrease in system disk read/write speed before and after this issue.

:)

Tayo Fox, Jul 31, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos having unknown start issues :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Photos having unknown start issues

Windows Start issue

Try this:

Right click on your start menu, and click on System:

Photos having unknown start issues [​IMG]

When the system window comes up, click on Advanced System Settings:

There, click on Startup and Recovery:

Then in the top menu you will have a choice of OSs. Select the one you want to boot to defaultly and uncheck the box for "Time to display list of operating systems."

That should make it boot into Windows 10 without your intervention.

ArazelEternal, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Photos having unknown start issues

1. Photos having unknown start issues - Similar Threads - Photos having unknown

2. Unknown task and issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown task and issue: Hello pals jason here got an issue on my pc i found this task named-uxtIdsktkgfv.exe The impact is highAnd got windows explorer issue using alot of resources of my CPU please help...
  3. Unknown task and issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown task and issue: Hello pals jason here got an issue on my pc i found this task named-uxtIdsktkgfv.exe The impact is highAnd got windows explorer issue using alot of resources of my CPU please help...
  4. Unknown Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown Issue: Whenever my laptop's 'r' key, my laptop shuts down and comes back online. Sometimes this key can be used and nothing happens, other times when the key is used it the same issue comes back. In order to bypass using the key I have been copying the key and pasting it. This is...
  5. unknown "START" application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unknown "START" application: I am seeing an application labeled "START" when using Task Manager. When I click on Properties, no information is available. Is this actually part of WIndows or is it something that should be eliminated?...
  6. unknown keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unknown keyboard issue: So I have a Cherry G80-5000 with an active converter to usb from ps/2 with this problem Here's the problem, whenever i hold down one key, say W, it works properly, when i add a second key like S, it works fine to, it sees W and S being held down normally, BUT when i release...
  7. Driver/Unknown Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver/Unknown Issue: Hey guys I have a PC I built a long time ago. I am recently having this problem, when I download something large (like a game) the computer makes the disconnect sound and the USB WiFi and Mouse stops working until I restart the computer and it happens everytime. I already...
  8. unknown visual issue

in Windows 10 Support
    unknown visual issue: I recently began using my laptop again and I don't know what could be causing the issue. On applications like the Win 10 instagram it makes all writing and images impossible to look at. When I hover over applications it happens. I updated drivers thinking that might fix the...
  9. Unknown issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown issue.: For every .exe filei run windows defender shows me a message saying,"unauthorized changes were blocked". whats the reason behind this and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/unknown-issue/71cd33f2-6527-4393-ae50-dfe4f7b2960a"
  10. Metro "Start" is having issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Metro "Start" is having issues.: Apps aren't showing up. Restart does fix the issue but it always comes back. I do have dual monitors and they should be set up correctly so it isn't a resolution issue I believe. Any help is much appreciated. I tried to research the issue but I have not found anything to fix...