Windows 10: Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

Discus and support Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; They show up fine on the Onedrive app I have on my phone, but all the photos on my laptop show as grey error thumbnails.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Drewmmmmmmmmmmmmmm1, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

They show up fine on the Onedrive app I have on my phone, but all the photos on my laptop show as grey error thumbnails.

:)

Drewmmmmmmmmmmmmmm1, Feb 18, 2019
  2. moonbugs Win User

Not all photo thumbnails showing.

Hi there chaps.

I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors [​IMG]

But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails.

I have tried to delete the thumbnail cache and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt.

moonbugs, Feb 18, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

davidhk, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Robert11 Win User

Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Hello,

I have a Folder on my Desktop in which
    I have placed many photos.

The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly.
    No problems.

But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a name or number.

Any way to have the listing show small thumbnails of the actual pix's, rather than just
    an IrfanView icon for each ?

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

1. Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors - Similar Threads - Photos photo library

2. not synced photo thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not synced photo thumbnails not showing: I've got an issue where certain photos on my pc namely photos that aren't synced with onedrive don't have their thumbnails/previews showing, while the few photos that ARE synced with onedrive do have their thumbnails shown. Disabling onedrive simply just removes the...
  3. not synced photo thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not synced photo thumbnails not showing: I've got an issue where certain photos on my pc namely photos that aren't synced with onedrive don't have their thumbnails/previews showing, while the few photos that ARE synced with onedrive do have their thumbnails shown. Disabling onedrive simply just removes the...
  4. thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder: When pressing eg large icons in the view menu the photos does not show. and this happens only in a specific pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-photos-does-not-show-in-specific-folder/70b10847-de78-4d74-ac1e-e1a11c80ef36
  5. thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder: When pressing eg large icons in the view menu the photos does not show. and this happens only in a specific pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-photos-does-not-show-in-specific-folder/70b10847-de78-4d74-ac1e-e1a11c80ef36
  6. File Explorer Not Showing Photo Thumbnails

File Explorer Not Showing Photo Thumbnails: Hello, I'm beyond frustrated. I'm trying to batch delete a bunch of photos at once but my file explorer is not showing the thumbnails so I am having to open each file to see what they are. This is way too time consuming. I've already done a search and followed some...
  7. photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive

photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive: photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive BUT the same photos on my windows 10 pc do have thumbnails in windows explorer (outside of the one drive folders). How do I get thumbnails back on onedrive ?...
  8. Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos: Since the last update my windows 10 won't show the thumbnails. I tried to delete some of the photos and they won't delete either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-show-photo-thumbnails-or-delete/7ae425f5-00bd-4b35-a882-4e7189aeb4e8
  9. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...
  10. Not all photo thumbnails showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not all photo thumbnails showing.: Hi there chaps. I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails" [img] But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails. [img] I have tried to delete...