Windows 10: Photos in Start Menu Cannot Locate

Discus and support Photos in Start Menu Cannot Locate in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm looking at the rotating photos pinned to my start menu and I want to locate those specific pictures in my 'Pictures' folder, but after searching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CassandraS2, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Photos in Start Menu Cannot Locate

I'm looking at the rotating photos pinned to my start menu and I want to locate those specific pictures in my 'Pictures' folder, but after searching through every single picture saved on my computer, I can't find the ones that are shown rotating in my start menu. How do I locate the ones from my start menu. Also, I think perhaps the reason I can't locate them is because I may have deleted those photos from my computer, but since they are still rotating in my start menu, is there a way to recover them?

:)

CassandraS2, Sep 23, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos in Start Menu Cannot Locate :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Photos in Start Menu Cannot Locate

Windows 10 Start Menu Programs Incorrect Location

Hi Kat,

As you are unable to open the program from Start screen. I would suggest you to right click on it and click on
    Unpin from Start. Browse to the file location, right click on it and select Pin to Start to set it properly.

To change the Start settings, follow these steps:

• Click on Search and type “Start settings” without quotes.
    • Click on the Start settings (System settings).
    • It will open the Personalization window with Start settings.
    • From here you can make the necessary changes.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Photos in Start Menu Cannot Locate

1. Photos in Start Menu Cannot Locate - Similar Threads - Photos Start Menu

2. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo: Hi,I have a similar problem on 3 PCs. Unable to open start menu, cannot open settings, cannot open any photo. Windows 10 - 21H1. On another profile, however, it is possible on the primary, which is also the administrator. After creating a new profile, it worked for about 20...
  3. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo: Hi,I have a similar problem on 3 PCs. Unable to open start menu, cannot open settings, cannot open any photo. Windows 10 - 21H1. On another profile, however, it is possible on the primary, which is also the administrator. After creating a new profile, it worked for about 20...
  4. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot open Start Menu

Cannot open Start Menu: Hello, I have a problem opening start menu. It doesn't open. Search box does not work or works only sometimes. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-start-menu/bf8558fd-65f8-4b66-8c4b-c5ede0b9666c
  6. Location of start menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Location of start menu icons: Before anyone says the font is called Segoe MDL2 thats not what i mean. i mean the windows icon on the end of the taskbar. I wanted to switch the icon out with some that i made and i also know that the png file has to be able to be split into 3 quadrants. Reason im asking...
  7. Start Menu cannot be customized

Start Menu cannot be customized: While running the newest Insider build (10532) I do not see an option to customize the Start Menu. What I wanted was when right-clicking and seeing the list having "Devices & Printers" listed as an option. As it is not there, there is also no apparent way to add it...? 20020
  8. Photo Veiwer On Start Menu Options ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Veiwer On Start Menu Options ?: I went threw all the options I could find. I want the viewer to show pictures like I have them in folder groups not by the date they where downloaded or taking. Is there a way? Its either collection or albums but both are by dates and that not what I want. If not then I will...
  9. Cannot Customize Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Customize Start Menu: Hello all, I have looked throughout the forums and I cannot seem to find an answer to my problem, or anyone else with the same problem. I just downloaded and installed Windows 10 between last night and this morning. Everything was going great, until now. For some...
  10. Cannot open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open start menu: Hello, I have relocated my Users directory during the installation of Windows to another drive using tutorial from this forum. Everything worked perfectly. Then I wanted to upgrade the build, however due to the relocated User directory, the update failed. So I edited the...