Windows 10: Photos in Window 10 not importing all photos in Pictures folders incl sub- folders

Discus and support Photos in Window 10 not importing all photos in Pictures folders incl sub- folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have purchased a new computer with Windows 10, previously using Vista I had over 10K photos organised in separate folders and sub-folders and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andy Gby, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Andy Gby Win User

Photos in Window 10 not importing all photos in Pictures folders incl sub- folders

I have purchased a new computer with Windows 10, previously using Vista

I had over 10K photos organised in separate folders and sub-folders and found Windows Gallery great for organising, tagging and finding photos easily again.

Have imported all my folders into Pictures and found that none of them are showing in "Photos". I took a photo out of a folder and just placed it in Pictures and that has showed up.

How do I get all my photos to show in "Photos" without unorganising everything I've done over the last 10 years.

Thanks

:)

Andy Gby, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Feb 7, 2019
  3. How to import photos from folder (not an external device)

Is there a way to import photos from a folder? In other words, I would like to us the import photo feature commonly found in picture editing applications, but would like to point to a folder on my desktop (c:\ drive) rather than a camera or external device. The reason I want to do this is because I want to group the photos in folders by date taken and have then moved to my "Pictures" folder along with all my other photos. In the past, I used Google Picasa 3 to do this, but it is no longer supported and I would like to find another way. Any suggestions?

yellowjacket03, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Photos in Window 10 not importing all photos in Pictures folders incl sub- folders

saving pictures to a picture folder from a diCD on windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple step and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the picture that you want to copy to the system picture file\folder.
    • Select copy and go the system picture folder and right click on the picture and select
      paste.
    Also visit the below link on Import photos into Photo Gallery

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/photo-gallery-import-photos-faq

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Photos in Window 10 not importing all photos in Pictures folders incl sub- folders

1. Photos in Window 10 not importing all photos in Pictures folders incl sub- folders - Similar Threads - Photos Window importing

2. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  3. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  4. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photo import to folders: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  5. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo import to folders: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  6. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

7. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app: Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the Windows 10 photo application and I'm having some issues with organizing my pictures. 1st question: While in the "folders" tab, if I try to create a new folder and import my OneDrive pictures it will show the folders saved to my...
  8. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  9. Importing photos from SD card into Pictures folder on Windows 10

Importing photos from SD card into Pictures folder on Windows 10: This is Day Three of my attempting to import photos from my SD card into a folder in Pictures on Windows 10. I hit a roadblock every single time. The last one I tried was from a British advisor's video. Things went well until he said, after I had selected the pictures I...
  10. Windows 10 photo edits and the picture folder

Windows 10 photo edits and the picture folder: When I edit a photo in Windows 10 photo on my new Dell computer and save a copy of the edited photo, the saved copy shows in Photos with the identifying number with a 2 after it, but the edited photo is not in the Pictures folder. How do I correct this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 photos import folder all sub folders

2. microsoft photos subfolder not import