Windows 10: Photos in Windows can't open the settings FILE INFO

Discus and support Photos in Windows can't open the settings FILE INFO in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi!, I just want to get some tips on how to fix "PHOTOS" in Windows 8-10, I can view the photos but when I try to open the 3 dots besides Print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TenQN, May 9, 2019.

1. TenQN Win User

Photos in Windows can't open the settings FILE INFO

Hi!, I just want to get some tips on how to fix "PHOTOS" in Windows 8-10,

I can view the photos but when I try to open the 3 dots besides Print icon and chooses settings "FILE INFO" it literally crashes or stop working

I tried several Reset and Repair for the software but its still crashes whenever I try to open the said issue.

Please if anyone can help me to fix this issue feel free to give me a heads up!

SOS Thanks!

:)

TenQN, May 9, 2019

2. File Info Pane in Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to see the details of the photo when you open it.

Please note that there is no option to automatically set the file info pane to open when you view a photo.

However you can try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on one of the photo.

2. Click on "open with" and choose "photos".

3. Right click and select "file info"

Once the info pane is open, you can navigate through the photos by using the left/right arrow keys and delete or copy the photos you want. The info pane will be open as long as you do not close the image viewer.

You can also use windows photo viewer and check if it helps.

The steps are given below.

1. Right click on one of the photo.

2. Click on "open with" and select "windows photo viewer".

Once the viewer is open, you will be able to see the file info at the top of the window. Use the left/right arrow keys to navigate through the photos.

Hope this helps.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 9, 2019
  3. unable to open jpg in windows 10 "we can't open this file"

Hello,

There are several ways to open an image file in Windows 10. If a photo cannot be viewed using the
    Photo App, we suggest opening it using a different app. The steps below will help you
    set Photo Viewer as your default image viewer:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter default programs. Select
      Default Programs
      from the list.
    • Select Set your default programs.
    • Select Windows Photo Viewer and click the Set this program as default.
    • Click OK to save changes.

After setting Photo Viewer as your default image viewer, open those
    .JPG files and see if the issue still occurs.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, May 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Photos in Windows can't open the settings FILE INFO - Similar Threads - Photos can't open

2. I can't open my photo file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my photo file: hi everyone, last night want to open my picture file but unfortunately I can't open it. everytime I tried to click the -picture, the picture won't shows and the only one showing was pop up notification saying the location of the file and after that file system error with some...
  3. I can't open my photo file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open my photo file: hi everyone, last night want to open my picture file but unfortunately I can't open it. everytime I tried to click the -picture, the picture won't shows and the only one showing was pop up notification saying the location of the file and after that file system error with some...
  4. No jpg file info in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  5. No jpg file info in Photos app.

No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  6. Can't open .PNG files with any program including Photos but according to the settings it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open .PNG files with any program including Photos but according to the settings it...: Hi!I recently have been having this problem. I'm on Windows 10 Before May 2021 update and PNG files are acting like they don't exist.Basically, with any program, I can't open .png files. It just says "Sorry, we don't accept this format.". The icons won't load, either. I found...
  7. Can't Open Photos

Can't Open Photos: I Can't open photos, I get the following error "The app didn't start" don't know what to do, can someone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-photos/a3184dc1-9e42-4afd-b3cb-763be666ced2
  8. Microsoft Photo : We can't open this file

Microsoft Photo : We can't open this file: Hello, I am hoping that someone might have experienced this issue and have a resolve for it. In Windows 10 I use the Microsoft photos to view and edit pictures, today I got this message " We can't open this file" it is jpg file …I've been using it for a couple of years now...
  9. Can't open some JPGs with Windows Photos app "We can't open this file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open some JPGs with Windows Photos app "We can't open this file": One have one client who can't open JPGs with Windows Photos, in certain circumstances. Her Windows/program/files are OK because I can transfer the same JPGs to my PC and they open I can open the same JPGs if I navigate/open from within the Photos app I can open the same...
  10. Can't open photo's

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open photo's: when I try and open a photo it says "you can not open this without admin" or something like that I am admin though please help I also have no other accounts 49899

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix we cant open this file and windows 10 photo