Windows 10: Photos Keeps opening itself.

Discus and support Photos Keeps opening itself. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Photos app keeps popping up on my task manager and only task manager. It says suspended but is annoying to me as I don't want it open and don't use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CuzBud, Nov 27, 2018.

1. CuzBud Win User

Photos Keeps opening itself.

Photos app keeps popping up on my task manager and only task manager. It says suspended but is annoying to me as I don't want it open and don't use my PC to look at pictures in the first place. Windows 10 by the way.

:)

CuzBud, Nov 27, 2018

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Nov 27, 2018
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos Keeps opening itself. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Photos Keeps opening itself. - Similar Threads - Photos Keeps opening

2. wallpaper keeps duplicating itself in the recent chosen photos section.

in Windows 10 Customization
    wallpaper keeps duplicating itself in the recent chosen photos section.: wallpaper keeps duplicating itself in the recent chosen photos section. more perplexing is when I connect the laptop to a monitor. a photo that I have deleted completely from HDD keeps showing up and duplicates itself in the same manner. I disabled theme sync. I deleted the...
  3. The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?: Well i wanted to change settings but the settings keep closing itselfso when i open settings it just closed itselfDamn i cant open the settings window and i cant change and personalise either so yeah i need HELP!!!Well i tried restarting or shutdown my own pc but it keeps...
  4. The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?: Well i wanted to change settings but the settings keep closing itselfso when i open settings it just closed itselfDamn i cant open the settings window and i cant change and personalise either so yeah i need HELP!!!Well i tried restarting or shutdown my own pc but it keeps...
  5. Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself: [ATTACH]In this article, we will see what to do if Edge keeps opening automatically by itself on Windows 11/10 devices. According to the affected users, Edge opens automatically every time they start their computers, whereas, some users have stated that Edge opens up...
  6. Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome: went through all the step from the firefox thread adware and malware programs they found nothing only when I first open the browser it goes straight to msn and not the page I chose set EnableActiveProbing to 0 how do I stop this from hijacking my browser also it keeps...
  7. optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.: drive drawer opens and closes by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive-drawer-keeps-opening-and-closing-by/11decdf9-8291-428a-b97e-efba2a223793
  8. Page keeps opening by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page keeps opening by itself.: Pages keep opening by themselves, the pages are bing searches saying something about Windows 10, it started with chrome, then after I updated to the latest version of Windows 10, it started doing it with Microsoft Edge, it opens multiple tabs of the same page, sometimes it...
  9. file explorer keeps opening itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    file explorer keeps opening itself: (This is a new PC with Windows 10 home, version 1803, OS build 17134.619. With an USB external drive is connected (as d:\ drive), file explorer keeps reporting problem (with the drive) and then opens the file explorer. This keeps going on and on by itself. Each time a...
  10. Explorer opens by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opens by itself: Always to the same place, the root of one of my network drives. When it happens I am using Chrome and reading something. Most likely the NY Times. Nothing is seemingly downloaded. There are no other user sessions besides my own. The OS is Windows 10 Enterprise. All...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos app keeps opening

2. photos keeps opening itself up and crashing my computer