Windows 10: Photos & Movies Won’t Open/Play in WINDOWS 10.

Discus and support Photos & Movies Won’t Open/Play in WINDOWS 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Anyone Knowledgeable: As of today, for reasons I do not understand, I now get an “Application Error” message when trying to view photos or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lauretta Falasz, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Photos & Movies Won’t Open/Play in WINDOWS 10.

Dear Anyone Knowledgeable:

As of today, for reasons I do not understand, I now get an “Application Error” message when trying to view photos or play movies I have saved. If anyone may know how to resolve this, I would be most appreciative.

Respectfully,

Gregory P. Falasz

:)

Lauretta Falasz, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2020
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 28, 2020
  4. CargoX Win User

Photos & Movies Won’t Open/Play in WINDOWS 10.

Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Photos & Movies Won’t Open/Play in WINDOWS 10.

1. Photos & Movies Won’t Open/Play in WINDOWS 10. - Similar Threads - Photos Movies Won’t

2. Movies won’t play Offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies won’t play Offline: Hi, ive been homeless for a couple months now, and my only solace at the end of the day is literally having something to watch before i cry myself to sleep. Was watching a downloaded movie through my Movies and TV app, that i had purchased, not rented. App quit out in the...
  3. My Movies Won’t Open or Play in WINDOWS 10.

My Movies Won’t Open or Play in WINDOWS 10.: Dear Anyone Knowledgeable: As of today, for reasons I do not understand, when trying to play movies I have saved I now get an “Application Error” message which reads, “The application was unable to start correctly 0xlx. Click OK to close the application.” If anyone may...
  4. Playing MOvies on Airlines

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Playing MOvies on Airlines: How do I get my Surface w/ Windows 10 to play video on an airline. Says that I need to use Adobe Flash, but would prefer to not use. Microsoft store does not have an app for GoGo Entertainment or AirPlayer....
  5. Flixter Movies and Google Play on Windows 10

Flixter Movies and Google Play on Windows 10: I've just had an email to say that Flixter Movies is closing and all films are transferring to Google Movies. How do I get Google Movies to work on Windows 10 to enable me to get to my ones that are transferring?...
  6. Windows 10 Movie won't play

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Movie won't play: Hi, I made a video using Windows Movie Maker 10 but it will only play when I am connected to the internet at work. If I try to play the video at home, it won't work. Any ideas how I can get the video to play at home. It is my holiday video so I want to share it with my...
  7. movies will not play

in Windows 10 Customization
    movies will not play: i just turn off fast start up and my movies running ok.go in to power op. and turn off fasted startup.and turn off pc. turn on pc try running a movie. good luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-will-not-play/626eacbe-12be-4885-8c85-f7c360b63ca8
  8. Won't play movies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't play movies: My windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5000 won't play movies. I can't figure out why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wont-play-movies/c733c4c3-c84d-4dc1-90b6-2062ffd9d102
  9. netflix will not play movie

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    netflix will not play movie: hi my netflix is saying i am using an unblocker or proxy..... what does this mean and how do i fix it, thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/netflix-will-not-play-movie/17ec7206-2f3c-4827-9bcf-43d00d19629a"
  10. Windows 10 Photo, Movies & TV App

Windows 10 Photo, Movies & TV App: Whenever I am trying opening any image using Windows 10 Photos app, this message is popping up File system error (-2147219196) Same message is displayed whenever I try to open any video using Windows 10 Movies & TV App. Please help me with this part Thanks in advance!...