Windows 10: Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

Discus and support Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was used to using Microsoft Photo and Video to sort all pictures made with different cell phones in the household. Now, I moved to Windows 11 and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Plantje, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Plantje Win User

Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

I was used to using Microsoft Photo and Video to sort all pictures made with different cell phones in the household. Now, I moved to Windows 11 and I have to use Microsoft Photos. Not an issue. However, if I navigate through pictures that are on another computer and I delete one of them, it seems deleted, but after a few minutes it appears again. I have to remove it through Windows Explorer to actually remove this.Am I doing something wrong?

:)

Plantje, Dec 11, 2021

2. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 11, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 11, 2021
  4. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

Accidently deleted the Photos app

What if you hit Start and type "Photos"?

Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Dec 11, 2021
Thema:

Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

1. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app - Similar Threads - Photos deleted deleted

2. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: After the last Windows Update; the pernicious annoying bug in Windows 11 is back.You can delete a photo over and over but when viewing with Microsoft Photos; the image displays again and prevents scrolling through images in a subdirectory.This bug has been fixed by a windows...
  3. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: After the last Windows Update; the pernicious annoying bug in Windows 11 is back.You can delete a photo over and over but when viewing with Microsoft Photos; the image displays again and prevents scrolling through images in a subdirectory.This bug has been fixed by a windows...
  4. How to delete photos from within the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete photos from within the Photos app.: In earlier versions of Windows I was able to view photos one after another by clicking or tapping the right arrow. When I ran across one that was blurry, I could delete it from within the viewer without having to return to Windows Explorer.Now with the Windows 10 Photos app I...
  5. How to delete photos from within the Photos app.

How to delete photos from within the Photos app.: In earlier versions of Windows I was able to view photos one after another by clicking or tapping the right arrow. When I ran across one that was blurry, I could delete it from within the viewer without having to return to Windows Explorer.Now with the Windows 10 Photos app I...
  6. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: I was used to using Microsoft Photo and Video to sort all pictures made with different cell phones in the household. Now, I moved to Windows 11 and I have to use Microsoft Photos. Not an issue. However, if I navigate through pictures that are on another computer and I delete...
  7. Deleting Photos app

Deleting Photos app: Windows 10 Home. 2004. Microsoft Photos. When trying to open image file message given is --- 'File System Error -2147163901}. I've tried to uninstall the app via -- Settings>Microsoft Photos>Uninstall but the option is greyed out. It was my intention to reinstalling...
  8. Mass deleting junk photos from the photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mass deleting junk photos from the photos app: So I have a lot of junk photos on my pc but most of them can only be accessed by the photos app. Is there any way I can mass delete these or do I have to click each photo one by one? submitted by /u/iSYTOfficialX7 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows photos app saving deleted photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows photos app saving deleted photos?: Upon opening start menu, I noticed a preview of old (long deleted) photos taken on my phone in the windows photos app. (https://prnt.sc/tkm9gg) These photos are not being shown in the app when I open it, in any of the folders and not even on my phone. So unless i'm missing...
  10. Photo App Delete From Device

Photo App Delete From Device: I use a point and shoot camera for work and upload the pics from my SD card to my desktop through the photos app. I always click the box to delete the photos from my camera after uploading. When the latest Windows 10 update came in yesterday that option disappeared. Does...