Windows 10: Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

Discus and support Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterBarlow5, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago

:)

PeterBarlow5, Dec 10, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. saving pictures to a picture folder from a diCD on windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple step and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the picture that you want to copy to the system picture file\folder.
    • Select copy and go the system picture folder and right click on the picture and select
      paste.
    Also visit the below link on Import photos into Photo Gallery

Windows Essentials

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

Photos in Window 10 not importing all photos in Pictures folders incl sub- folders

Hello Andy, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I would suggest you:

-Right click on the picture that you want to copy to the system picture file\folder.

-Select copy and go the system picture folder and right click on the picture and select

-paste.

If that doesn't work for you then you could also try to import the files by using File Explorer:

-Connect the SD card into the computer.

-Launch File Explorer.

-Click on This PC.

-Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.

-Double-click on the SD card.

-Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose

-Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select

Paste (Ctrl + V).

-If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.

-If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

You may also refer to the below URL for information.

URL:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Thank you and good luck.

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

1. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder - Similar Threads - Photos importing pictures

2. Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports: I am running the latest version of Photos App on Windows 10. OneDrive on my Android phone automatically imports my new pictures into the correct /Pictures/Camera Roll/Year/Month folder. Recently, when I select photos from this folder to create a new album, the album is...
  3. Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports: I am running the latest version of Photos App on Windows 10. OneDrive on my Android phone automatically imports my new pictures into the correct /Pictures/Camera Roll/Year/Month folder. Recently, when I select photos from this folder to create a new album, the album is...
  4. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  5. Photos or pictures folders

Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  6. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app: Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the Windows 10 photo application and I'm having some issues with organizing my pictures. 1st question: While in the "folders" tab, if I try to create a new folder and import my OneDrive pictures it will show the folders saved to my...
  7. Importing Photos Into Pictures File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Photos Into Pictures File: 12/18/2020 - Did a recent Microsoft update change the way photos are grouped when downloading from my digital camera? Previously, I would download my photos, they would go into a folder showing the date taken, and I would rename the folder to show the subject matter of the...
  8. Picture import from NAS drive into Microsoft Photos

Picture import from NAS drive into Microsoft Photos: Hello, I just bought a computer with Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Intel i5-2500 3.30GHz 8GB RAM I have my documents and pictures stored on a NAS drive in my home. Next to the standard picture source location on the C:\ drive I added the location of the NAS drive. After a...
  9. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  10. Importing photos from SD card into Pictures folder on Windows 10

Importing photos from SD card into Pictures folder on Windows 10: This is Day Three of my attempting to import photos from my SD card into a folder in Pictures on Windows 10. I hit a roadblock every single time. The last one I tried was from a British advisor's video. Things went well until he said, after I had selected the pictures I...