Windows 10: Photos not letting me open project after freezing while trying to export it.

Discus and support Photos not letting me open project after freezing while trying to export it. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While trying to export a video i made with Windows photos, my screen fell asleep and when i woke it back up the exporting froze. I exited and restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnnCarter3, May 16, 2019.

1. Photos not letting me open project after freezing while trying to export it.

While trying to export a video i made with Windows photos, my screen fell asleep and when i woke it back up the exporting froze. I exited and restarted my computer and now it wont even let me open the project. I am worried about having to completely redo the project I just spent hours on. What can I do to fix it?

:)

AnnCarter3, May 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 Photos video project export quality issue

In Windows 10 I created a video project slideshow with the photos app. I'd like to export this video for a Facebook ad. However, the photos app only gives me 3 options to export and all three significantly reduce the quality of the video versus when I
    just view it in the app. Any suggestions how to export and maintain quality?

levinejm34, May 16, 2019
  3. Where are Project files stored in Microsoft Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Before trying the below steps, you may
    Search for anything, anywhere
    and try to search for your Project file.

Step 1: Open the Photos app and go to your Project and at the top right corner of Photos application, you will see an option 'Export to share'.

Step 2: Click on 'Export to share' and choose some
    file size and let it convert.

Step 3: Once it is converted, you will see the exact location of your project on the right side, which says 'We saved it here' and also you have an option 'View in File Explorer' from where you can directly
    open the location of your project and also copy and paste that project anywhere on your computer.

You can also change the location of the files that are saved by Photos app by clicking on the Ellipse icon (3 dots that is on the top right corner of Photos app) and click on
    Settings > Sources.

You should be at the homepage of Photos application to see the Settings option.

You can also refer
    Photos help
    and
    See all your photos
    and see if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 16, 2019
  4. Photos not letting me open project after freezing while trying to export it.

How to export photos windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & check if it helps.

If you were using other application apart from file explorer, you may follow the below steps to export to pen drive/flash drive.

• Open the location where the Photos are located using File Explorer.
    • Select the files you want to Export.
    • Right click on the file and select ‘Send to’ from its context menu.
    • Now select the Jump drive from the sub menu.
    • Once the transfer is done, you may open the jump hard disk drive from the File Explorer and check if the file is present there.
    Please get back with the above information to assist you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Photos not letting me open project after freezing while trying to export it.

1. Photos not letting me open project after freezing while trying to export it. - Similar Threads - Photos letting open

2. Clipchamp not opening or working, or Projects won’t load or export

in Windows 10 News
    Clipchamp not opening or working, or Projects won’t load or export: [IMG]You may encounter the issue whereby the Clipchamp extension in your browser or the web interface or the Clipchamp app installed on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer is not opening or working, or projects (containing the video, audio, and image files) won’t load or...
  3. Exporting photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exporting photos: How would I export photos from my Lenovo laptop and put them onto my iPhone. I haven't been able to figure it out and I can't find anything on Google - help would be very much appreciated....
  4. Computer Freezing When Importing/Exporting Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing When Importing/Exporting Photos: This problem originated in Lightroom, but was reproduced in Capture One as well. When importing or exporting photos, computer would freeze - everything is unresponsive - and to reboot, I have to cut the power switch on the power supply. Computer boots back up perfectly fine...
  5. Program will not let me export files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program will not let me export files.: Program will not allow me to export files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-will-not-let-me-export-files/5f439f99-17a8-4afc-a9db-4050c0b07ee4
  6. export photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    export photos: nikon coolpix A100 can import to PC but how do I EXPORT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/export-photos/fc7ee751-8c83-4dcc-9761-3582758f7d10
  7. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem: Hi, When i make a video on the video project function of the photos application, when i go to export it (have tried high and medium file size), it is stuck on 0% and simply will not export. Thanks:)...
  8. Windows Ten Video Editor Wont let me open my project.

Windows Ten Video Editor Wont let me open my project.: Hi, I was recently making a video in my free time. I had turned off video editor for a break and when i turned it back on and clicked the project i was working on it displayed this: [ATTACH] I have restarted my pc i have restarted video editor and have tried multiple times....
  9. Export a video project from photos

Export a video project from photos: When trying to export a video from Photos all I get is a pink plaid screen and music. How do I export a video that I can share? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/export-a-video-project-from-photos/a39edfcc-e55c-4f9b-9d75-24af1b0cf4fa
  10. Exporting and Sharing a Video project not working in Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exporting and Sharing a Video project not working in Microsoft photos: i recently put together a video project on Microsoft photos and was hoping to upload it to youtube and share it. But when i try to export it stays at 0% and then soon after that crashes. I have tried to refresh and restart the app but its not working. I cant share my video!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. help cannot open video project on microsoft photos

2. windows photos cant open video project

3. Windows video project will not open