Windows 10: Photos Not Saving

Discus and support Photos Not Saving in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I was recently trying to look for a photo I took via the Camera app and could not find it in Libraries. I proceeded on to the Camera app and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Liana Flower, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Photos Not Saving

Hi,

I was recently trying to look for a photo I took via the Camera app and could not find it in Libraries. I proceeded on to the Camera app and clicked on the tile in the lower right corner to open my photos. The photo was there but when I clicked onto See all Photos, my recent photos (from September onward) were not to be seen. Furthermore, the photos taken before September could not be found when I scrolled through the photos when I clicked on the lower right tile. I've gone to Camera>Settings>Add Folder but that did absolutely nothing. I hope someone could help.

Thanks,

Liana

:)

Liana Flower, Nov 1, 2018

2. Saving photos

Hi DustinHennin,

First, congratulations on being one of the first folks to get the elusive Samsung ATIV S.

Would you please elaborate as to what app you're using to view photos and what steps you're taking in order to save the photos?

For instance, if I'm in the People hub and see a pic someone posted that I want to save to my phone:

• I simply tap on the photo and it brings it to another screen.
    • Then I tap the ellipses (...) at the bottom of the screen and choose save to phone.
    • Next, I go back to my Start screen and tap on Photos.
    • Tap on albums.
    • Tap on Save Pictures.
    • My latest photo that I saved should be there at the top.

Here's some more information about
    Photos on Windows Phone

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Nov 1, 2018
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Photos Not Saving

save photo from email

Hi Roz,

We suggest that you add your save/download file location to Sources under
    Photos app Settings, so that after downloading the attachment from your email it will automatically sync to the Photos app. Follow the steps below to add a folder in Sources:

• Open Photos app > Click the three dot icon on the upper right >
      Settings.
    • Select Add a folder under Sources > Choose a folder location >
      Add this folder to Pictures.
    To categorize your photos, you may create an album to organize it. Click this
    link
    to learn how to organized into albums.

We'll be here if you need additional assistance.

Regile Reb, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Photos Not Saving

1. Photos Not Saving - Similar Threads - Photos Saving

2. Where are markup photos saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are markup photos saved?: Windows 10 can't even find the edited photo that I just saved. How am I, since no one - even the Microsoft representative's answer - knows where it is saved, to find it? The Microsoft representative suggested, to someone, that they open File Explorer, look to the left panel,...
  3. Where are markup photos saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are markup photos saved?: Windows 10 can't even find the edited photo that I just saved. How am I, since no one - even the Microsoft representative's answer - knows where it is saved, to find it? The Microsoft representative suggested, to someone, that they open File Explorer, look to the left panel,...
  4. Where are markup photos saved?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.: All my edited photos are being saved into "Gallery", instead of them going back into the folder that they came from. This means I have to cut them individually and paste them into "Pictures" where they show up at the bottom of all my photos folders and from there I have to...
  6. Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.

Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.: All my edited photos are being saved into "Gallery", instead of them going back into the folder that they came from. This means I have to cut them individually and paste them into "Pictures" where they show up at the bottom of all my photos folders and from there I have to...
  7. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  8. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  9. Unable to Save Changes Photos app error in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to Save Changes Photos app error in Windows 11: [IMG]After you finish editing an image, if you receive an Unable to Save Changes error in the Photos app in Windows 11 when you try to save the image, then this post will help you Unable to Save Changes. There was an error while saving. Please try again later. This issue...
  10. The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...: The error I'm getting is "Unable to save There was an error while saving. Please try again later." This app works on my other devices just not on my PCI'm on windows 10 and the same problem persisted after I upgraded to windows 11...