Windows 10: Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides

Discus and support Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i've seen this question posted a bunch on subreddits and even the official microsoft help pages and the answer is always just "lol use another app".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shmimshmam, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides

So i've seen this question posted a bunch on subreddits and even the official microsoft help pages and the answer is always just "lol use another app". This was literally working fine for me yesterday.

submitted by /u/shmimshmam
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shmimshmam, Jan 16, 2021

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Scrolling through pictures using arrow keys.

I'm using photos app, and I can't scroll through pictures via arrow keys

Jun Kyu Rhee, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Lozza47au Win User

Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides

Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

We have 2 individual computers both running Windows 10, and both of these computers have had clean installs of Windows within the previous 6 weeks. Up until yesterday both of these computers have worked perfectly with the Photo App - Photos on both computers
    are held on 1TB hard drives dedicated to photos, music, word docs etc, in other words completely separate from the "C" drive.

Photos are in the folder "My Pictures" and are in sub-folders according to date or other criteria. Normally I would open a folder, double click any photo then use either the keyboard arrow keys, the scroll wheel on the mouse or use the mouse to click on
    the Next/Previous arrow to the left or right of the photo and I could view the next (or previous) photo and this is how it has always worked on both the computers until yesterday.

On one computer the photo app still works as described above, however on the other computer something has gone haywire. If I go into the photos on that computer, open a folder as per normal, select a photo then firstly the next/previous arrows are not there,
    the scroll wheel does not work and neither do the keyboard arrow keys. You can select all the photos in the folder, click enter, then the keyboard arrows work, but nothing else does. If I select an individual photo then go to settings - the 3 little dots on
    the extreme upper right, then scroll down there is an option to select the scroll wheel to be either used as a zoom function or advance photo function. If the Zoom function is selected it works as it should, however if the other function is selected nothing
    happens.

Interestingly, the computer has a backup using SyncBack to a 2TB WD external HDD and if I go into the backup (which is set as mirror image) and open the My Pictures folder in the backup, then open any other sub folder, and select a photo, all the functionality
    of the keyboard, mouse and next/previous arrows are there, but only on the backup.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Lozza47au, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides

1. Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides - Similar Threads - Photos scrolling arrow

2. ARROW KEYS NOT WORKING IN MICROSOFT PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARROW KEYS NOT WORKING IN MICROSOFT PHOTOS: Hello can anybody help me...I am using windows 11. IN MY laptop I am not able to surf through my pictures folder when it opens Microsoft photos....arrow keys also do not work....please anybody help me....tried reinstalling but didn't worked...what to do...
  3. ARROW KEYS NOT WORKING IN MICROSOFT PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ARROW KEYS NOT WORKING IN MICROSOFT PHOTOS: Hello can anybody help me...I am using windows 11. IN MY laptop I am not able to surf through my pictures folder when it opens Microsoft photos....arrow keys also do not work....please anybody help me....tried reinstalling but didn't worked...what to do...
  4. Keyboard side arrow keys not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard side arrow keys not working.: Hi everyone.I have a Asus laptop.After sometime when i start the laptop, the side arrow keys are disabled in laptop's keyboard as well as in the external keyboard. But the keys are functioning in vlc media player but not in chrome and intellij. I dont know what is the...
  5. Arrow keys not scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not scrolling: I know what you're thinking turn scroll-lock off it is I think I hit a button combination or something but when I do down or up arrow it does not scroll but picks individual things like when I try to scroll through google it just goes to each link....
  6. No arrow button on sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No arrow button on sound.: I can only switch sounds thru Realtek Audio Console. There is no arrow available beside the volume knob even if I inserted a different device which Realtek Audio can detect. Why is this? I've been resetting my drives and goin' to services.msc but doesn't work. Pls help :'(...
  7. Arrow Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrow Keys: Just purchase new Samsung Galaxy Flex Alpha and when I press the arrow keys the go to the bottom of the page for both excel, word and when trying to type in the web address bar and suggestions come up it scrolls the web page instead of the suggestions. Is the computer faulty...
  8. Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work: We have 2 individual computers both running Windows 10, and both of these computers have had clean installs of Windows within the previous 6 weeks. Up until yesterday both of these computers have worked perfectly with the Photo App - Photos on both computers are held on 1TB...
  9. arrow keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    arrow keys: my arrow keys are typing wasd instead of the actual keys please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arrow-keys/d4d8efed-8257-44cb-8620-ed2353733f15
  10. scroll arrows not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scroll arrows not working: My scroll arrows do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-arrows-not-working/4678ac9a-baa0-4d16-93e8-34abbd7c06bb