Windows 10: photos not showing icons

Discus and support photos not showing icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi - all my photos show like this pic - and i cant find a way to change the view and see icons - the view menu is greyed out. Any help very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeremynicholls, Jan 17, 2020.

1. photos not showing icons

Hi - all my photos show like this pic - and i cant find a way to change the view and see icons - the view menu is greyed out.

Any help very gratefully accepted!

J

photos not showing icons 6208877d-5885-4800-84ed-f341cd2522de?upload=true.png

:)

jeremynicholls, Jan 17, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

photos not showing icons [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Robert11 Win User
    Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Hello,

I have a Folder on my Desktop in which
    I have placed many photos.

The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly.
    No problems.

But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a name or number.

Any way to have the listing show small thumbnails of the actual pix's, rather than just
    an IrfanView icon for each ?

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, Jan 17, 2020
  4. photos not showing icons

store and photos app isnt showing proper icons

Hello Aditya,

As you are facing issues with accessing Photos app on your device with icons not displayed properly, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any update for Photos app from Windows Store. If found, try to update the app and check if it helps.

Open Windows Store, search for Photos app, check if you are able to find Update option.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue. We will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

photos not showing icons

1. photos not showing icons - Similar Threads - photos showing icons

2. Problem with photo icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with photo icon: [ATTACH] good morning, since I updated to version 1909 I have a problem with the icon of the photos, this icon is blank, I attached an image for you to see...
  3. Photo Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Icons: Hello, I cannot see the photos on my computer, the photo come up as a blank and no photos appear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-icons/ba90a07a-af1e-40d9-af1c-2eb2853a77d0"
  4. Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors: They show up fine on the Onedrive app I have on my phone, but all the photos on my laptop show as grey error thumbnails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-photo-library-not-showing-thumbnails-and/66b681d2-6d40-43c0-9312-1cad96f7e635"
  5. Missing photo icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing photo icons: Desktop icons no longer have pictures, just generic symbols. How can they be restored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-photo-icons/52f18034-b83b-4b90-9901-1b05afcaa89e
  6. Folder icons for photos

Folder icons for photos: Hi My picture thumbnails don't populate when I look through my files unless I select on them individually. How can I make the thumbnails show small images of the photos. Thanks. Windows 10...
  7. Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some taskbar icons are not showing... (SKYPE, SETTINGS, PHOTOS): Oddly, some icons are not showing up in the bottom left section of the taskbar. I simply see a blue underline without the actual icon. Help?...
  8. icons no photos

in Windows 10 Support
    icons no photos: *cry Help please , all my photos have turned into icons i must have pressed a wrong button somewhere , i do need them back Thank you 97875
  9. Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?: Hello, I have a Folder on my Desktop in which I have placed many photos. The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly. No problems. But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a...
  10. Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?: Hello, I have a Folder on my Desktop in which I have placed many photos. The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly. No problems. But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a...