Windows 10: Photos not working properly along with sfc scan

Discus and support Photos not working properly along with sfc scan in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Recently I've been getting this problem where my photos app doesn't work properly. By that, I mean that when I launch it the window opens but at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamHill4, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Photos not working properly along with sfc scan

Hi

Recently I've been getting this problem where my photos app doesn't work properly. By that, I mean that when I launch it the window opens but at the top-right corner of the window the three buttons are not there. They are all whited it. When I open it, after
    several seconds the window closes. No crash window, it just closes.

Weirdest part of this all is that the buttons seem to operate however the window closes after a few seconds anyways.

As recommended on many posts, I ran a sfc scan, and got the "unable to fix some files" message. I tried doing a DISM restorehealth with an image I created with the media tool, and it said the operation was successful, however the sfc scan after the DISM
    operation still replied with the "unable to fix some files" message.

These two problems are probably related by a deeper problem I myself cannot identify. I want to avoid reinstalling Windows. Thank you in advance for any replies to this issue.

:)

WilliamHill4, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Cez_C Win User

Photos not working properly along with sfc scan

Hi

Recently I've been getting this problem where my photos app doesn't work properly. By that, I mean that when I launch it the window opens but at the top-right corner of the window the three buttons are not there. They are all whited it. When I open it, after
    several seconds the window closes. No crash window, it just closes. Below you can find a screenshot of the window.

Photos not working properly along with sfc scan ee9b01e5-c1d5-43e6-b602-6bed2cbf4227?upload=true.png

Weirdest part of this all is that the buttons seem to operate however the window closes after a few seconds anyways.

As recommended on many posts, I ran a sfc scan, and got the "unable to fix some files" message. I tried doing a DISM restorehealth with an image I created with the media tool, and it said the operation was successful, however the sfc scan after the DISM
    operation still replied with the "unable to fix some files" message.

Another issues completely separate from the Photos problem is that when I try to install Spotify from the Microsoft Store it replies with the error 0x80073D05.

These two problems are probably related by a deeper problem I myself cannot identify. I want to avoid reinstalling Windows. Thank you in advance for any replies to this issue.

Cez_C, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Photos not working properly along with sfc scan

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Photos not working properly along with sfc scan

1. Photos not working properly along with sfc scan - Similar Threads - Photos working properly

2. SFC Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC Scan: Hello there, i am tech savvy to a point but im not sure whats going on here, i think my computer reset while i was buying some bitcoin now the monero program I use wont work, i cant get cmd to to work at all. I did an sfc /scannow and these are the results i got back...
  3. SFC scanning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC scanning: I am trying to reset my PC and it keeps failing. so i read that if i SFC scan it may fix my problem, when I try to use command sfc /scannow it says this, "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". So I read that if I type, net start trustedinstaller,...
  4. sfc scan is not working

sfc scan is not working: when i was tryingh to command for the sfc scan it ddnt work . it says ..There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. RestartWindows and run sfc again. thrn tried to reboot my system and tried to run the sfc scan again bt it still shows the same thing ....
  5. SFC Scan

SFC Scan: Hi, i got everyday many bluescreens and this is a bit upset. I searched on google the different bluescreen codes i got (and there's a lot and different every time), and one of them told me to use the sfc scannow, and that's the output: https://pastebin.com/raw/v6E4UsLk...
  6. Sfc scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sfc scan: I am showing corrupt files that they could fix in sfc scan. I need instructions on how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scan/d9cc5dec-8de1-46b8-9d8a-949425a7d303"
  7. SFC scan

SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] *Moved from Virus and Malware forums*...
  8. SFC scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sfc-scan/4933511a-fad9-4b65-91d6-adbfd7717e07
  9. sfc scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc scan: Did a scan found a lot of corrupt files also did the clean up files repair health DISM also no luck should I reset the computer to factory settings nothing I do repairs the corrupt files ? Thank You TIMMY 2018-08-15 07:49:42, Info CBS TI: ---...
  10. Photos not working properly along with sfc scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos not working properly along with sfc scan: Hi Recently I've been getting this problem where my photos app doesn't work properly. By that, I mean that when I launch it the window opens but at the top-right corner of the window the three buttons are not there. They are all whited it. When I open it, after several...