Windows 10: Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.

Discus and support Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Because I have already organized my photos into sub-folders the way I like in the folder 'Pictures' on my computer, all have uploaded correctly, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bryash, Feb 6, 2023.

1. bryash Win User

Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.

Because I have already organized my photos into sub-folders the way I like in the folder 'Pictures' on my computer, all have uploaded correctly, in folders, to OneDrive under My Files. Now I find the photos appearing again under Photos by date useless, especially when many photos were digitized from film many years after they were taken, most of which do not correspond to my folders. Can I turn off the 'Photos' upload, as it makes my photos/Pictures take up twice the space on OneDrive and it is useless to me?

:)

bryash, Feb 6, 2023
  2. philc43 Win User

Duplicate photo uploading

I just discovered an interesting new option in the W10 Photo App. When I inserted a memory card I got the option to import images into the Photo App and this time the App was offering me a checkbox window to select which photos I wanted to import.

Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload. 51570d1485960318t-duplicate-photo-uploading-capture3.png

I guess this may also work for importing from a phone, there is a new items selection which I hope will just allow the new images to be automatically selected. The App is ver 15.1120.13270.0. Can you please see if this works for you and report back?

philc43, Feb 6, 2023
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload. 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Feb 6, 2023
  4. MurrayMJ Win User

Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder

If I upload a photo from "pictures" using Onedrive.live website that photo file now also appears on the Onedrive folder on my PC. So does that mean it duplicates it on my PC. It is still in the original folder in "pictures". (I was looking to see if I could use Onedrive to backup photos not move them or delete them and I want them all to remain in their original folders, sub folders and sub sub folders (all 650GB))

MurrayMJ, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload. - Similar Threads - Photos duplicated OneDrive's

2. OneDrive Upload of Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Upload of Photos: I am trying to Upload all my Photos 50GB to OneDrive - note Upload, NOT SynchingSo, I went Online to my OneDrive, pointed to my Pictures Folder on my PC and started the Upload Process.It seems to be going OK and the progress bar at the bottom is at about 40%, so I assume it...
  3. OneDrive Upload of Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Upload of Photos: I am trying to Upload all my Photos 50GB to OneDrive - note Upload, NOT SynchingSo, I went Online to my OneDrive, pointed to my Pictures Folder on my PC and started the Upload Process.It seems to be going OK and the progress bar at the bottom is at about 40%, so I assume it...
  4. OneDrive Upload of Photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.: Because I have already organized my photos into sub-folders the way I like in the folder 'Pictures' on my computer, all have uploaded correctly, in folders, to OneDrive under My Files. Now I find the photos appearing again under Photos by date useless, especially when many...
  6. Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.

Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.: Because I have already organized my photos into sub-folders the way I like in the folder 'Pictures' on my computer, all have uploaded correctly, in folders, to OneDrive under My Files. Now I find the photos appearing again under Photos by date useless, especially when many...
  7. Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder

Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder: If I upload a photo from "pictures" using Onedrive.live website that photo file now also appears on the Onedrive folder on my PC. So does that mean it duplicates it on my PC. It is still in the original folder in "pictures". I was looking to see if I could use Onedrive to...
  8. Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder: If I upload a photo from "pictures" using Onedrive.live website that photo file now also appears on the Onedrive folder on my PC. So does that mean it duplicates it on my PC. It is still in the original folder in "pictures". I was looking to see if I could use Onedrive to...
  9. automatic photo upload to onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    automatic photo upload to onedrive: I'm sincerely considering to uninstall onedrive. I do not need to store my photos on onedrive or at least I must be able to decide for myself. I manage to stop the automatic picture transfere to onrdrive whenever I plugged in my phone, but after the last win 10 upgrade this...
  10. Duplicate photo uploading

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate photo uploading: My Windows 10 PC used to allow me to import only new photos from my iPhone but today it wants to import everything again and duplicate what is already there. Is there a setting that prevents this from happening as sorting out the duplicates each time I back up the phone is...