Windows 10: photos on my pc since i switched from win7 to windows 10

Discus and support photos on my pc since i switched from win7 to windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After considerable struggle, I found a Microosft article that tells me there is an app on Windows 10 that puts all my photos together in one place.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gustaveflaubert1, Feb 14, 2020.

1. photos on my pc since i switched from win7 to windows 10

After considerable struggle, I found a Microosft article that tells me there is an app on Windows 10 that puts all my photos together in one place. Since replacing Win7 with Windows 10, I have not been able to find any of pictures where I had saved them. I do not want all my photos together in one place, thank you. May i have them back, please? tell me how to locate them, get rid of the app, and retake control of my personal data.

ALSO, PLEASE CLARIFY WHY i MUST SELECT FROM YOUR DROP-DOWN LIST A "TOPIC" FOR MY QUESTION. I ALREADY ASKED IT ON THE WINDOWS WINDOW, AND NOW I'M ASKING IT ON THE "WINDOWS 10 APPS" WINDOW, BUT NEITHER ONE IDENTIFIES THE ACTUAL TOPIC. IS THIS AN EXCUSE FOR YOU NOT TO RESPOND?

Thanks.

:)

gustaveflaubert1, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done photos on my pc since i switched from win7 to windows 10 :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Kitist02 Win User

photos on my pc since i switched from win7 to windows 10

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

I used your beautiful tutorial to find and import Windows Photo Viewer, and it shows up when I list the apps, but it isn't available to use. Any further suggestions?

What I really want is to load Windows Live photo Gallery which is what I used in Win7, but I can't even find it at Microsoft's site.

Kitist02, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

photos on my pc since i switched from win7 to windows 10

1. photos on my pc since i switched from win7 to windows 10 - Similar Threads - photos since switched

2. Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 7 Home from the factory. Years ago, I had an offer to upgrade to Windows 10 for free - which I accepted, and I have been using it for a long time. However, after a while, I attempted to reboot my PC from the BIOS due to some malware issues....
  3. After upgrading from win7 to windows 10, my PC freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After upgrading from win7 to windows 10, my PC freezes.: Recently, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, and since then my system is frozen. The whole computer freezes, the keyboard doesn't work, the mouse doesn't work, nothing at all. I don't have idea what is going on, because there isn't any error messages. Which means I...
  4. I recently updated my PC to Windows 10. Since then I am unable to upload photos from my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently updated my PC to Windows 10. Since then I am unable to upload photos from my...: Since I updated my PC to Windows 10 I have been unable to upload photos from my Canon PowerShot camera as I did before updating. Help?? Error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>...
  5. photos since installing windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    photos since installing windows 10: After considerable struggle, I found a Microosft article that tells me there is an app on Windows 10 that puts all my photos together in one place. Since replacing Win7 with Windows 10, I have not been able to find any of pictures where I had saved them. I do not want all...
  6. why can i not transfer photos from camera to pc? only change is win 10 --worked fine with win7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why can i not transfer photos from camera to pc? only change is win 10 --worked fine with win7: hey, this stupid os is a mess. but not support for the last one we COULD use. hostages! we are all hostages! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-transfer-photos-from-camera-to-pc/826949de-15d7-49e3-b1ce-56d7af63e071
  7. DVD drives unsupported since Win7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drives unsupported since Win7: I am always struggling to get response from My DVD drive, and seem to go back to square one after an upgrade to the system. I have researched this several times, and achieved success in different ways, sometimes using proprietry software. I I should track this, but keep...
  8. DVD drives unsupported since Win7

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD drives unsupported since Win7: I am always struggling to get response from My DVD drive, and seem to go back to square one after an upgrade to the system. I have researched this several times, and achieved success in different ways, sometimes using proprietry software. I I should track this, but keep...
  9. Microsoft Photos on my Windows 10 PC. How can I delete photos from the timeline?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos on my Windows 10 PC. How can I delete photos from the timeline?: How do I delete photos from the timeline on my Microsoft photos on my windows 10 pc, but keep them from deleting from my folders in my pictures in my file explorer? And also since my computer has done updates to Microsoft, I have been having problems with the Microsoft photos...
  10. Internet connection not automatic since update from Win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection not automatic since update from Win7: When I startup my computer I may as well turn off, then on, my router. That seems to reset things as to my computer. I then have to click on the airplane icon (which just appeared recently, I think after the last update). That allows me to click "connect" to my router....