Windows 10: photos open automatically

Discus and support photos open automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I download a photo from internet it automatically opens. how can I stop that? tia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nerfherder2, Apr 22, 2020.

1. photos open automatically

when I download a photo from internet it automatically opens.

how can I stop that?

tia

:)

nerfherder2, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Prevent photos from USB stick to automatically load into the Photos app

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Click on Settings at the bottom left corner.

• Under viewing and editing.

• Turn off automatically enhance your photo.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 22, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

photos open automatically

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done photos open automatically :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

photos open automatically

1. photos open automatically - Similar Threads - photos open automatically

2. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app: Every time I download a picture from Chrome, the Microsoft photos app immediately opens it straight after and it's annoying. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app: Every time I download a picture from Chrome, the Microsoft photos app immediately opens it straight after and it's annoying. How do I turn this off?...
  4. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i want to stop photos from opening in the photos ap automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to stop photos from opening in the photos ap automatically: When I save photos from my google account to my computer they automatically open in the photos app which is super annoying. How do I stop that?...
  6. i want to stop photos from opening in the photos ap automatically

i want to stop photos from opening in the photos ap automatically: When I save photos from my google account to my computer they automatically open in the photos app which is super annoying. How do I stop that?...
  7. How to disable Photos from automatically opening downloaded pictures?

How to disable Photos from automatically opening downloaded pictures?: This Q has been asked several times already and none of the suggestions work. I thought the problem was with Microsoft Photos app - so I downloaded another photo app and made it default, but the problem continued. It doesn't matter to which folder the photos are saved. If...
  8. How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?

How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?: Every time I download a picture from the internet, the Photos app insists on automatically opening it and displaying it to me. If I download many photos, it opens many times. How do I disable photos from automatically opening pictures that I download? If I want them opened,...
  9. Photos automatically opening when iPhone connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos automatically opening when iPhone connected: How do I please stop photos from opening on startup in Windows 10 when my iphone is connected – I have disconnected iTunes from Start Up so this is not the issue. Thanks....
  10. Automatic Screen Photo

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Screen Photo: How can I find out more about the photo which appears when I start up the computer? 92483