Windows 10: photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

Discus and support photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something. in Cortana to solve the problem; All of a sudden when I type something into the search bar to look up, a person's photo will appear to the left of the name or a logo will show up as it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by paulaE., Jun 6, 2019.

1. paulaE. Win User

photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

All of a sudden when I type something into the search bar to look up, a person's photo will appear to the left of the name or a logo will show up as it autofills.

This just started today. Is this some new undesirable feature of chrome?

Is there any way to get rid of this. It fills in photos, ,etc of anything and everything that remotely corresponds to the first couple of letters.

It has nothing to do with Cortana because I don't use Cortana. I'm using search in the top bar. But I had to pick a subject heading, none of which seemed to apply

Thank you

Paula

:)

paulaE., Jun 6, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 6, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

1. photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something. - Similar Threads - photos logos appearing

2. when i search something related to the app or something it usually doesnt appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when i search something related to the app or something it usually doesnt appear: hello, I'm having an issue rn which when I try searching "resolution" and etc. my Windows search bar usually doesn't make it appear as the image shows if u guys know how to fix this problem it would be much appreciated : ty...
  3. Company logo on search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Company logo on search bar.: I am signed into teams on my personal computer and my company logo is plastered all over my search bar and in the home menu, how do I remove this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/company-logo-on-search-bar/cd40fd6e-dc2e-47eb-b0b8-ce56103f6264
  4. Company logo on search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Company logo on search bar.: I am signed into teams on my personal computer and my company logo is plastered all over my search bar and in the home menu, how do I remove this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/company-logo-on-search-bar/cd40fd6e-dc2e-47eb-b0b8-ce56103f6264
  5. Company logo on search bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. When i search something in the search bar, the results get cropped

in Cortana
    When i search something in the search bar, the results get cropped: This is what happens when i search in the bar, i dont know why it crops like that, it started happening some weeks ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-search-something-in-the-search-bar-the/1d95f38a-2b95-4fde-b722-a36c943da2a7
  7. When i search something in the search bar, the results get cropped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i search something in the search bar, the results get cropped: This is what happens when i search in the bar, i dont know why it crops like that, it started happening some weeks ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-search-something-in-the-search-bar-the/1d95f38a-2b95-4fde-b722-a36c943da2a7
  8. When i search something in the search bar, the results get cropped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Search bar looking weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar looking weird: [ATTACH] This is what my search thing looks like, what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-looking-weird/2c83f2b5-ee2f-4914-8178-e7fffa613922
  10. Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar: Hi I Just bought a new XPS 13 (lowest end model) that came with Microsoft 10 pre-installed (bought it from Microsoft store). my problem is that I cannot search for settings in the main search bar or even the settings search bar, the settings search bar simply doesn't work...