Windows 10: Photos & other files do not open in w10

Discus and support Photos & other files do not open in w10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, just updated from w8.1 to W10. Photos & other files do not open in w10, what do I need to see most of my files? ....thanx .....nick 7280 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nichos, Jun 21, 2015.

1. nichos Win User

Photos & other files do not open in w10

Hi, just updated from w8.1 to W10.

Photos & other files do not open in w10, what do I need to see most of my files? ....thanx .....nick

:)

nichos, Jun 21, 2015

2. Cordana & Start menu do Not open and also some w10 apps like Photos not open... What to do?

Cordana & Start menu do Not open and also some w10 apps like Photos not open... What to do?

Lse123polis, Jun 21, 2015
  3. lizp-3 Win User
    Resizing photos using Windows Photos

With W10, it no longer seems possible to resize photos, when using Photos.

And I can't right click on a file/photo to chose how to open it. So I have to left click to open the photo under

the Photo app, then go to the 3 dots, go to see more, then open with Paint in order to resize. This is really awkward and slow. Also with Paint, how can I move onto the next picture.......... or do I have to close Paint and start the process all over again
    for the next photo to resize????????

lizp-3, Jun 21, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Which build are you using??

BunnyJ, Jun 21, 2015
  5. nichos Win User
    Thanx B... but, w10 started OK but, on booting up this morning it failed miserably & am back to w8.1.

Will wait for the June launch

EDIT: Unfortunately also in w8.1 all fotos do not open saying I do not have the correct permission.

Could it be because I chose not to create an MS account? ....thanx ....nick

nichos, Jun 21, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    I don't think the fact that you didn't create an MS account is the problem; it's more likely a permissions issue. I have no problem with opening photos in Windows 10 or 8.1.

I'm not in Windows 8.1 ATM, but try going to Windows Accessories>Paint>Open and navigate to your photos. See if you can open them from there.

I just tried it on Windows 10 Build 10130 and it works just fine.

Wynona, Jun 23, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    Wynona, Jun 23, 2015
  8. nichos Win User

Thanx all.

I came across this site & solved my problem by taking ownership of my files I hope somebody finds it useful too.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ssion-to/9ea4ce43-b4cd-4b2d-9e11-49bead363f63

Thanx for all your help .....nick

PS. I downloaded w10 & updated my w8.1 spare HD to w10. Worked OK & liked it that afternoon but, next morning would not boot up so I use my flash stick & got w8.1 back.

I s that a usual thing with the BETA version?

Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi, Intel Core 2 Quad Pro 2.4GHz, OCZ Cpu Cooler, 2x2GB, DDR2 800 PC2-6400, GeForce 9800 GTX (PCI-E), sata 160gb, OCZ 600W Psu, Win8.1

nichos, Jun 23, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    No, this is not usual with Windows 10 Technical Preview.

I would suggest that you mark this thread "solved" and open a new one under "Installation and Setup", describing your problems with Windows 10 setup. You'll get more help in that group.

When you post, tell us:

Which build you downloaded and installed.
    How you installed it on your "spare" Windows 8.1 hard drive.
    And anything else you can think of.

Wynona, Jun 24, 2015
  10. nichos Win User
    I opened a post in "Installation and Setup" ......nick

nichos, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Photos & other files do not open in w10 - Similar Threads - Photos files open

2. All photos do not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All photos do not open: Can't open all photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-photos-do-not-open/623f90a8-3451-4e02-bf87-25bec519efff
  3. All photos do not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All photos do not open: Can't open all photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-photos-do-not-open/623f90a8-3451-4e02-bf87-25bec519efff
  4. failing to open photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failing to open photo files: when trying to open photo files all I get is this boxes which reads make shure David personal running on your pc I hope you can help me. Regards David. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failing-to-open-photo-files/70059a8e-74d2-4bf8-acb3-3702d85a5a3a
  5. Open File Location in Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open File Location in Photos: How can I open the folder containing the image file that is open in Photos? This used to be a right-click option, but it's now gone. I know that the path of the file can be viewed via `Right-click > File information > Folder path`; but that does not offer a way to get to...
  6. W10 Photos

W10 Photos: Hello! Photos in W10 has created dozens of empty albums. 1. How to "mass" suppress them = all at once ?... ...and keeping those which are not empty 2. How to add a given picture to an existing album Chris...
  7. exe files not opening on W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    exe files not opening on W10: When I try to open System Mechanic I get the following message:the specified procedure could not be found. Also will not open any downloaded .exe programs or files. Any suggestions? Running W10 with all latest updates....
  8. photo files will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photo files will not open: my photo files will not open, i can see each folder but i can not open them up, just keep getting system error 805605970 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-files-will-not-open/6c70b586-e55d-430d-bd59-50e0ab28ebde
  9. Photos and many other apps do not open after the 19H1 update

Photos and many other apps do not open after the 19H1 update: Greeting, Currently, I am running on Windows 10 with the latest 19H1 update. I went to the start menu to open up Microsoft Store and Photos, but they would not open. I did everything to sort out this issue following what I found on the Internet: 1. Reset. 2. Used the...
  10. Photo apps won't open photo files

Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photo files do not open