Windows 10: PHOTOS - People and Albums now missing

Discus and support PHOTOS - People and Albums now missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did a backup and restore of my computer. All my photos are available but my large database of 45,359 photos are no longer in albums and the hundreds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sharepointuser2, Jun 5, 2019.

1. PHOTOS - People and Albums now missing

I did a backup and restore of my computer. All my photos are available but my large database of 45,359 photos are no longer in albums and the hundreds of people tagged that data is missing. I spent about two years shorting all the photos when I moved to Windows Photos from Live Photo Gallery and it was painful seeing all the features removed and there is little to no information on how to restore Album data or to have Photos reindex the People database.

:)

sharepointuser2, Jun 5, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jun 5, 2019
  3. CSA_007 Win User
    Missing Photo Albums

• Windows 10 Home
    • No
    • Yes - for albums I see the album names; however no photos in the album
    • No

CSA_007, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Ben N Win User

PHOTOS - People and Albums now missing

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

PHOTOS - People and Albums now missing

1. PHOTOS - People and Albums now missing - Similar Threads - PHOTOS Albums missing

2. Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App: An entire album of photos is missing from my Microsoft photos app. My hard drive was rebooted inadvertently. I have been able to recover all other files, but now a full album of photos is missing from the app. Where can I go to retrieve the missing 385 photos?...
  3. Photos Album

Photos Album: Why does it include general internet content along with my photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-album/bea6450b-f9e3-41c5-bcff-b4257a67287f
  4. Photo's Album

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo's Album: My photo file keeps crashing and will not upload all my new photo's of my SD card. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-album/cc95e459-19e7-49f5-9708-c2ee4d168fef
  5. photo album

photo album: I spent 4 hours last night selecting photos for a photo book using the photos app on windows 10, now I want to upload the photos to a website so that I can create my photobook. There seems to be no way of doing this. What is the point in having a photo album if you can't...
  6. Photo App missing albums

Photo App missing albums: Hello after the last windows update all my albums I created over the months in the app got deleted or they are just gone. Someone who experienced the same or is there a way to recover these albums ? Thanks in advance...
  7. photo album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo album: i scan photos, save them, then can't find them again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-album/3b68fd48-22d8-4682-81ab-4ca8afee7100"
  8. photo albums

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo albums: I set up an album using windows 10 but when i display the album it only shows selected photos.how do you change the storyboard to include all the photos chosen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-albums/7526ae66-5392-44b0-9ef7-c45d5a44fc34
  9. photo albums missing

photo albums missing: I created several photo albums in windows 10 but every time I try to access them no photos show up. Not only that but, if I try to access the albums I've created, the program switches off completely! So I have to go back to the photo program just to look at the collection I...
  10. Photos in albums

Photos in albums: how do I rearrange photos in an album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-albums/7c58d5fd-c858-4b9e-9018-95e307057db6"