Windows 10: Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures

Discus and support Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have noticed this happening several times now. I am currently sorting my photos and doing albums with Photos. However, it turns out that Photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MonsterMunsh, May 15, 2020.

1. Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures

Hi, I have noticed this happening several times now. I am currently sorting my photos and doing albums with Photos. However, it turns out that Photos sometimes changes the dates on some of the photos, so that afterwards, they appear in a messed up order in the Photos gallery.

I am not 100% sure, but it seems that this happens most of the time when adding a pic to "my favorites". It might also happen totally randomly, just when accessing the file.

I would be grateful if anyone has a solution to solve this issue, or to prevent Photos from modifying metadata.

Please, do not suggest changing the dates one by one; we are talking thousands of pictures.

With such an issue, the app is basically useless and dangerous as it can totally kill your gallery if it contains lots of pictures.

Thanks and have a great day!

:)

MonsterMunsh, May 15, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Grouping pictures by month or actual date in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for sorting the pictures in date wise and check if it helps.

• Go to “file explorer” and open it.
    • Right click on the picture screen.
    • Click on “group by” option and go to more options.
    • Check the box “Date” and click on “Ok”
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 15, 2020
  4. compupix Win User

Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures

Kill Microsoft Photos (Change behavior for picture media)

There are no Adobe programs on this list:

Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures [​IMG]

compupix, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures

1. Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures - Similar Threads - Photos randomly changes

2. Dates on old photos randomly got changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dates on old photos randomly got changed?: For reference, my computer uses Windows 10, but I have an iPhone. Yesterday I was trying to transfer a few recent photos from my phone to my computer - I've done this a million times, by the way, so it should've worked the same. The recent photos got transferred no problem,...
  3. When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken changes: When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken of these pictures changes to the date of importing current day In previous version you could also select how to import your pictures; I want them to be put into separate folders with the...
  4. Photo's downloading are not going into dated folder in pictures

Photo's downloading are not going into dated folder in pictures: When I download images from my iphone using the photo app. That works fine but when I try to search or upload images to a document via pictures they are individual images. Not in a folder with the date the images were taken. The dated folders use to create automatically when...
  5. My date randomly changed to Dec 10 2077

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My date randomly changed to Dec 10 2077: This change happened about a week ago, since then I changed it back. I thought nothing of it but talked to a friend about it and it got me worried of a potential virus threat on my laptop. I did a quick scan for malware using malwarebytes. It found nothing (currently doing a...
  6. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10: I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see where I can open a dialoque box that allows me to open up a box for date taken and not date created....
  7. Photo App ignoring Date Taken of pictures

Photo App ignoring Date Taken of pictures: I file my Pictures in folders for Year. Within the Year, pictures are filed by Date Taken. When I open the Photo App, the pictures are listed by Year, but not in Date Taken sequence. Win 10 up to date Bill...
  8. Random picture was changed as my wallpaper automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random picture was changed as my wallpaper automatically: So this morning i was using my Lenovo 730s and everything was normal and i had left it on sleep and while opening it back up in the evening, i find both my lockscreen and wallapper changed. The lockscreen appeared to be a stock photo. What creeped me out was the wallpaper. It...
  9. Windows randome file date changes

Windows randome file date changes: For some reason, my windows file system is changing the dates of my files for no reason. I'll put them in the folder and order them with the date or name tab and close the folder. when i come back to it, all the files have different dates ranging up to 2009! I don't know what...
  10. Can't change photo date

Can't change photo date: Why can't I change the data on some (most) of my photos, yet on some (a few) I can. Procedure is the same; select a photo's tick box in collection view, right click menu but then Change date is greyed out. Why? I can't see anything consistent about which photos will and...