Windows 10: Photos (rearrange order of presentation in an album)

Discus and support Photos (rearrange order of presentation in an album) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I find working with photos in windows very difficult. how do i simply rearrange/sort photos in and album? Simple Click and drag doesn't work. thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CharlieStrickland, Oct 11, 2018.

1. CharlieStrickland Win User

Photos (rearrange order of presentation in an album)

I find working with photos in windows very difficult. how do i simply rearrange/sort photos in and album? Simple Click and drag doesn't work. thanks

:)

CharlieStrickland, Oct 11, 2018
  2. ErikMiller1 Win User

Rearrange Photos

Is there a way to rearrange the photos I've added to an album? For example: I seem to be unable to click-and-drag a photo from the middle of an album and place it anywhere I'd like. Seems like a huge flaw for an app with a slideshow feature.

ErikMiller1, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Michael0827 Win User
    photo order

how do I rearrange the order of pictures in an album?

Michael0827, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Karen Her Win User

Windows Photo Gallery with One drive switched off

Thank you for the information. Just to verify, are you trying to do it using the OneDrive Desktop App or is it through OneDrive.com?

If you are using the OneDrive Desktop App, we suggest you to try it on OneDrive.com, and follow the steps below to rearrange your files:

• Browse to the folder with the files or photos you want to rearrange.
    • Tap or click Sort, and then choose Rearrange.
    • If prompted, install Microsoft Silverlight.
    • Arrange the files or photos by dragging them in the order you want them to appear.
    • Tap or click Save sort order.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Photos (rearrange order of presentation in an album) - Similar Threads - Photos rearrange order

2. Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order: I am aware how to sort images by date, date modified, name, size etc in folders. When I'm on desktop and I'm scrolling through the images, the images appear at random, not in the order in which they are placed. Technicians tried updating patches. resetting and a few other...
  3. Photos app albums

Photos app albums: I just want to be able to share a group of photos and short videos on my OneDrive account with family and friends. Unfortunately the Photos app wants to make a @#$% music video out of the pics and I cant find a way arround that gratuitous trash. Help?...
  4. yesterday win 10 presented me with a photo album that I don't want

in Windows 10 Support
    yesterday win 10 presented me with a photo album that I don't want: Yesterday Windows 10 presented me with a photo album that consisted of images that are on my hard drive. #1 I don't want that happening #2 it feels a bit creepy that my computer does things with my data without permission I believe this has happened once before and I...
  5. I can not upload a photo album to onedrive

I can not upload a photo album to onedrive: It always gives me the same message "Sign in and try again", although I am logged in to my microsoft account with windows 10 as well as the edge browser. I have tried restarting and doing it again, but nothing helps. Seems like a bug. I need to upload it because it is the...
  6. I can not upload a photo album to onedrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not upload a photo album to onedrive: It always gives me the same message "Sign in and try again", although I am logged in to my microsoft account with windows 10 as well as the edge browser. I have tried restarting and doing it again, but nothing helps. Seems like a bug. I need to upload it because it is the...
  7. Rearranging the Order of E-Mail Accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Rearranging the Order of E-Mail Accounts: I have six e-mail accounts established in my Windows 10 Mail. It appears the accounts are listed in the order they were created. However, I just had to add another e-mail account and it is at the bottom of the list. Is there any way to rearrange the list? In Windows 8.1 you...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer; sorting order not the same as view order

Windows Photo Viewer; sorting order not the same as view order: The Windows Photo Viewer will not display photos in the order they are sorted by Windows Explorer. This is not referring to the slide show feature, just the forward and back arrows. The only order pictures can be viewed is by name despite Windows Explorer being set at view...
  9. Unwanted photo album

Unwanted photo album: My wife has a Win7 desktop machine that she uses for stuff brought home from work, but also keeps a collection of photos that she posts to Facebook, etc. Rather than let her deal with any fallout from an automatic Win10 upgrade While I wasn't around, I did it manually...
  10. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...