Windows 10: photos showing a lot bigger than they are, how can i fix ?

Discus and support photos showing a lot bigger than they are, how can i fix ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I know nothing about pictures really I just take them on my phone then transfer them to laptop via usb cable. I had taken some pics on my Xperia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scizor7777, Sep 24, 2019.

1. photos showing a lot bigger than they are, how can i fix ?

Hi I know nothing about pictures really I just take them on my phone then transfer them to laptop via usb cable. I had taken some pics on my Xperia xa1, transferred them to my geo notebook like I had done several times before without any problem. This time when I try to open the photos with photos on windows 10 it says "it appears that we don't support this file format" the first file is DSC_005.JPG. I transferred 2 lots of photos into 2 new folders on the same day and one folder is fine. The only difference I can see under properties is the ones that worked have jpg in small and the ones that didn't have it in capitals. The ones that won't open supposedly are 8GB in size each totalling 6.5TB but the notebook only has 32gb memory! I did nothing differently in transferring the 2 lots of photos so right now I am confused.com but hoping not to have lost the photos of my family holiday

:)

scizor7777, Sep 24, 2019

2. photos showing a lot bigger than they are, how can i fix ?

Hi I know nothing about pictures really I just take them on my phone then transfer them to laptop via usb cable. I had taken some pics on my Xperia xa1, transferred them to my geo notebook like I had done several times before without any problem. This time when I try to open the photos with photos on windows 10 it says "it appears that we don't support this file format" the first file is DSC_005.JPG. I transferred 2 lots of photos into 2 new folders on the same day and one folder is fine. The only difference I can see under properties is the ones that worked have jpg in small and the ones that didn't have it in capitals. The ones that won't open supposedly are 8GB in size each totalling 6.5TB but the notebook only has 32gb memory! I did nothing differently in transferring the 2 lots of photos so right now I am confused.com but hoping not to have lost the photos of my family holiday

scizor7777, Sep 24, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done photos showing a lot bigger than they are, how can i fix ? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 24, 2019
  4. photos showing a lot bigger than they are, how can i fix ?

Photos direction arrows not showing

Hi Rafg,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Since when you are facing this issue with Photos app?

• How many photos are present in the subfolder from where you are trying to open Photos through Photos app? (Inside the My pictures sub folder)
    Please be informed that if you have only one photo in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, you will not see the direction arrows in the Photos app to view the next picture in the Photos app.

If you have multiple pictures in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, then follow the below steps and check if you are able to view the right and left directions in the Photos app to view the pictures.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue with Photos app.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

You may try to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell
      in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Photos app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    Note: After performing the above steps, install the Photos app form the Windows store.

You may try to open the photos app and check if the issue persist.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

photos showing a lot bigger than they are, how can i fix ?

1. photos showing a lot bigger than they are, how can i fix ? - Similar Threads - photos showing lot

2. How can I make the clock text bigger?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make the clock text bigger?: My Windows updated yesterday and now the font for the clock on the taskbar is needlessly small. How do I make it larger and bolder so it is easier to read? There is a ton of room on the taskbar to make the clock bigger....
  3. Make text bigger than 225%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make text bigger than 225%: I want to make ONLY TEXT bigger, and the slider for that is maxed out at 225% but i personally need something closer to 300%-315%. I'm using a small screen and seated a few feet away so the text is unreaable, i can not physically get any closer to the screen. I can't use the...
  4. Make text bigger than 225%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make text bigger than 225%: I want to make ONLY TEXT bigger, and the slider for that is maxed out at 225% but i personally need something closer to 300%-315%. I'm using a small screen and seated a few feet away so the text is unreaable, i can not physically get any closer to the screen. I can't use the...
  5. Storage shows bigger SSD than i actually have

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage shows bigger SSD than i actually have: Hi All,First time poster. I just went in to check storage on my laptop. I have a 512GB SSD but "storage" in settings shows 953GB.. I use ondrive 1TB and Google Drive 100GB. If I right click and look at the c drive properties in file explorer it shows the correct stats. Any...
  6. How to Increase bigger than 175%

How to Increase bigger than 175%: Thanks in advance everyone. I tried looking for this answer, guess I am the only one. I would like to increase my font, icons, pinned folders, everything where I could see it 20 feet from computer. I have a large enough screen. I noticed even when scaling font, it doesn't...
  7. There is a lot of problems. How can I fix them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a lot of problems. How can I fix them?: Hi, I had mistakenly got caught in the hands of some sort of ransomware and so I had to reset my PC. After that a lot of problems has been seen in my PC. 1. My file drive E: has turned into RAW and I tried almost ten times to format it but the BSoD appears saying either...
  8. image is bigger than the screen

image is bigger than the screen: After an update I cannot see the edges of my screen, its like the screen has zoomed in and the edges are cut off. I have tried all the display settings, changed everything, nothing has worked. can anyone help me please? I am using a lenovo tablet/computer attached via HDMI...
  9. Windows 10 is bigger than my screen will show

Windows 10 is bigger than my screen will show: Everything had been fine. I updated to Windows 10 several months ago. Somehow today, everything changed. I had been in Outlook while I had breakfast. Highest resolution 1920x1080. I left and came back and suddenly Outlook was huge. I could not get to my task bar. I could...
  10. Display bigger than monitor?

Display bigger than monitor?: My display is bigger than the actual monitor. I am on the recommended resolution and icon size, still cant see edges of display as my screen is too small. It is set to the Samsung Monitor which has worked fine for my PS4 during the last 4 years. What can I do to fix this?...