Windows 10: Photos slowing down browser

Discus and support Photos slowing down browser in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I am a Microsoft user not a technician. How am I supposed to follow all those instructions to eliminate al those photos that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RubyCourey1, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Photos slowing down browser

Split from this thread.​

I am a Microsoft user not a technician. How am I supposed to follow all those instructions to eliminate al those photos that slow down my browser? I do not want them and do now know how to get rid of them. Why have them there anyway. If I want lessons in geography I'll just check other sources. Just leave the page clear so I can get on to my work and research.

:)

RubyCourey1, Feb 23, 2021

2. Slow Browser

Hi Susan,

To address your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you already performed a speedtest for your internet connection?
    • Does your other devices experience the same slowness in browsing?
    • Have you turned off your addons on your browsers?

For the meantime, you can perform a reset on your Internet Explorer 11 / Microsoft Edge by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards.

ErwinJames San, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the methods below and check if it helps to fix the issue:

Method 1: Run Maintenance task.

The Run maintenance task checks for issues that might slow down your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting and click on
      Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Method 2: Turn off Automatically enhance my photos.

Automatic enhancements are not saved in the file and are only applied upon viewing the photo. Turning it off may help speed up the loading of photos. Here are the steps on how to turn off enhancements:

• Open Photos.
    • Click on the three dots on the upper right part of the app and click on
      Settings
    • Under Viewing and editing, turn off Automatically enhance my photos by moving the slider.
    • If you are not using OneDrive, you can also turn off Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 23, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Photos slowing down browser

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos slowing down browser :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Photos slowing down browser

1. Photos slowing down browser - Similar Threads - Photos slowing down

2. All Internet browser slows down and freezing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Internet browser slows down and freezing in windows 11: When I open all browser that I have ie: chrome , edge. All are taking a lot of time in opening with white screen and when they are freezing. When I try to type in the search box typing is lagging and also page is lagging.. But there is no problem in other apps and system...
  3. Slow browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Slow browsers: Guys On my previous post, I said that I have reformatted my w10 so started with a blank canvas again. I was using Google Chrome as browser, but it is EXCEPTIALLY slow so i did a Google question and the world opened with solutions, but also, many people had same probl;em. I...
  4. Slow browsers

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow browsers: Guys On my previous post, I said that I have reformatted my w10 so started with a blank canvas again. I was using Google Chrome as browser, but it is EXCEPTIALLY slow so i did a Google question and the world opened with solutions, but also, many people had same probl;em. I...
  5. Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down: Hello A while ago i downloaded IrfanView and since then the default windows photo viewer takes a very long time to open my pictures and even if it does open, it will open with a white screen which means nothing will happen or it will open with black which means it will take...
  6. Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down: Hello A while ago i downloaded IrfanView and since then the default windows photo viewer takes a very long time to open my pictures and even if it does open, it will open with a white screen which means nothing will happen or it will open with black which means it will take...
  7. Facebook Live slows down my browser

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Live slows down my browser: Here are my computer specs: CPU: 5960x Mobo: ASUS Rampage V Extreme RAM: 16 GB @ 2800MHz GPU: GTX 980 SC That said, I'm using Google Chrome (it's always fully updated), supposedly it's a 64-bit browser, as far as I can tell (it doesn't specify 32-bit in the Task Manager)...
  8. Edge Chromium browser slowing down

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium browser slowing down: About three weeks ago I downloaded the new Edge Chromium browser. It was noticeably faster than my older Edge browser. I look a a lot of E-Bay photos each day from the same seller. They are usually the same digital size, and now my Edge Chromium is displaying them on my...
  9. disk running a lot, slowing down opening browser, etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disk running a lot, slowing down opening browser, etc: I googled it and it said to close windows search. That helped, but the drive still keeps running. If I go to email thunderbird or browser firefox it takes a long time to open. Sometimes it just runs for no reason. I would GREATLY appreciate help, bothersome....
  10. Slow Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Browser: Hi, my browser is extremely slow to load web pages as soon as there are multiple sites open. I have run disk clean up and defrag. I took it in to scan for malware and viruses, then did a system back up. I also called the internet provider to see if that was the problem, he...