Windows 10: Photos stutters too much browsing the phone images

Discus and support Photos stutters too much browsing the phone images in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since few weeks ago Windows 10 can't browse images on my phone, it is able to open one then it freezes and even file explorer has a hard time switching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mcr, Jul 16, 2021.

1. MCR
    Mcr Win User

Photos stutters too much browsing the phone images

Since few weeks ago Windows 10 can't browse images on my phone, it is able to open one then it freezes and even file explorer has a hard time switching to other folder because of that stuttering. When stuttering is over and I close the already bugged photos window that may display 'sorry photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported or corrupted', or it may just show a blank pure white window on the Photos app instead of displaying the image. I have always used Windows Photo Viewer for older phone to browse png and Photos to view JPG images usually screenshots directly placed on my phone. I do not want to copy all images that I generate to the computer, I want to browse them the way I have always used, just with arrows switches and loads next image. delete image after view and so on. I have done that many times. The idea of these apps is that they can browse your pictures in a folder of your phone like Pictures/Screenshots and open one, then see the rest without it creating a copy of the image on some hidden local PC folder. That's a 2020 oneplus phone and if the cable is the problem, I can say I have tried: - the data reads fine, in fact if I dont click to browse an image, I can browse the folders and copy/paste/cut just fine - but if it stutters on image then everything even cut and paste file on PC malfunctions - changing cable USB type C, to another, the problem does not go away - change the USB port like 3.0 to 2.0. same issue - I have tried doing that at work, taking one of the cables that I used and there browsing the images with Photos on my phone does not have that problem. That makes me think it is not the phone - In power Shell uninstalled/installed the Photos app, installed and removed from Microsoft Store - DISM.exe no issues found images are 2300x1000 but that never had a problem. I would use Windows Photo Viewer but it can read older phone PNG screenshots but cannot read these large file JPGs. I display files as Details, no list or thumbnails I have erased Media cache on phone (again why look for problem on phone if it works fine on another laptop), power on/off phone, unplugged cable on different days USB File Transfer is on, without it it wouldn't see the files. Unplugging the device creates 10+ 'The device has stopped responding or has been disconnected' messages, why they queued so many? Keeps installing Photos.MediaEngineDLC or whatever

:)

2. photos from my phone

is there a way to get my phone photos to show last one taken the first one to show? when i just go to the folders and click my phone it opens with the last photo at the top, but when i am sending an email and i go to upload a photo the photos show up in reverse order, so i have to scroll to the bottom to get the last photo taken.

most of the time itis the last photo taken that your need to send out in an email. i try properties but i do not see a way to rearrange them. even if i try to upload a photo from this site it does the same thing i click insert image then i click from computer then browse then the folders show up and i click on my phone and then internal storage and then dcim and camera and they start showing up, but in reverse order as i took them so i have to scroll all the way down to get the last photo.

so how can i make this so the last one taken is on the top of that list? thanks

corvairbob, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Drone Win User
    Space images thread

Photos stutters too much browsing the phone images [​IMG]

• Evidence that some early supermassive black holes formed directly from the collapse of a gas cloud has been found.
    • These results could represent a major step in the understanding of how the Universe's first giant black holes formed.
    • Two candidate black hole "seeds" have been identified, possibly at < 1 billion years after the Big Bang.
    • Astronomers combined data from Chandra, Hubble, and Spitzer to make this discovery.

Drone, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Joe Men Win User

browsing images online

Hello
    John

We need additional information about your concern about saving images on your phone. Currently, we do not see the
    All save option when browsing images using a Windows Phone. Please provide the following:

• What is the make and model of your phone?
    • What operating system is your phone running on? Please include the build version.
    • What is the search engine that you are using when browsing images on your phone?
    • Screenshot showing the All save option when your browsing for images.

If your phone is not running on a Windows Mobile operating system, we recommend that you visit a website forum dedicated to the operating system that your phone is running on for assistance.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Joe Men, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Photos stutters too much browsing the phone images - Similar Threads - Photos stutters too

2. Photo editor - image too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo editor - image too small: HiIt is very hard to edit a photo since the latest update of photo editor as the image is too small. I am trying to edit screenshots with information on them and the image is now so small on the screen it is very difficult.Any suggestions? Thanks...
  3. Photo editor - image too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo editor - image too small: HiIt is very hard to edit a photo since the latest update of photo editor as the image is too small. I am trying to edit screenshots with information on them and the image is now so small on the screen it is very difficult.Any suggestions? Thanks...
  4. Paint arrow keys move image too much

Paint arrow keys move image too much: Whenever I try to move a selection with the arrow keys, the image moves a couple dozen pixels instead of just one pixel. It's really annoying when I have to make more precise edits. It only just started doing this a couple minutes ago, and I've been using it for years with no...
  5. Paint arrow keys move image too much

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint arrow keys move image too much: Whenever I try to move a selection with the arrow keys, the image moves a couple dozen pixels instead of just one pixel. It's really annoying when I have to make more precise edits. It only just started doing this a couple minutes ago, and I've been using it for years with no...
  6. Too much Security on image files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much Security on image files: My sister emailed me some family photos about 10 years ago which opened fine in Win7Now on win10 almost at random I get security messages wanting to know if I want to open them.Internet is no help, no matter how I phrase it I get methods of setting the default for image files...
  7. Too much Security on image files

Too much Security on image files: My sister emailed me some family photos about 10 years ago which opened fine in Win7Now on win10 almost at random I get security messages wanting to know if I want to open them.Internet is no help, no matter how I phrase it I get methods of setting the default for image files...
  8. Too much Security on image files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Transferring files to phone taking way too much time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring files to phone taking way too much time.: when I am transferring files from computer to android phone , it is taking hours to transfer even 1gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-files-to-phone-taking-way-too-much/979bbf3b-e371-4495-9a2e-849d40799f70
  10. Windows Photos takes too much RAM !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photos takes too much RAM !: Hello ! I am having problem with Windows Photos. First when I open two images and minimize them, the RAM Usage starts to grow each 10 seconds. So for 10 minutes it goes from 200MB to 10GB and my PC Becomes unusable even when I have 64GB, untill I kill the process. This is...