Windows 10: Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?

Discus and support Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Photo App used to have a featured box that automatically displayed all the photos I took or downloaded on today's date in past years. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RyanMercer, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?

My Windows 10 Photo App used to have a featured box that automatically displayed all the photos I took or downloaded on today's date in past years. I think I accidentally deleted that box and I see no option to bring it back. Is there a way to restore this feature so that when I open the Photo app, that box will appear that I can click to see photos I downloaded on today's date in previous years?

:)

RyanMercer, Oct 20, 2018
  2. RachelJai Win User

How to organize photos by Date Taken AND Date Modified

Hi.

I have over 2000 photos on a jump drive that I have imported over the past 5 years. I'm trying to organize them by chronological order with "Date Modified" but there was a glitch and about 200 photos all have the same date when they were taken in a span
    of 4 months. I tried organizing them by "Date Taken" but screenshot photos don't have a "Date Taken" timestamp. Is there a way I can organize photos by "Date Taken" AND organize photos by "Date Modified" (if they don't have "Date Taken.")

Any other suggestions or third party programs that converts the "Date Taken" TO "Date Modified"????

Let me know if this isn't clear!

Thanks.

Rachel

RachelJai, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Photos app dates

In the windows photo app is there a way to manually change the dates of photos imported? Changing the date settings on devices does not help, all the photos I import are listed with wrong dates by several years. Very frustrating!

I understand that the device I am importing photos from is probably to blame for the incorrect date, what I am looking for is a way to correct this manually from within the app itself.

My photo collection is now chaos and I am forced to keep a mud map on paper of when the photos were actually taken, in the hope of finding a way to correct this here.

Please help! thanks.

SaintSimon, Oct 20, 2018
  4. WP7.8User Win User

Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?

Date and time of taken photos

Hello,

how is it possible to show informations of taken photos? I want to know sometimes date and time of taken photos.

Greetings

WP7.8User, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?

1. Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App? - Similar Threads - Photos taken today's

2. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  3. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  4. Photo App does not display the correct date taken.

Photo App does not display the correct date taken.: I went through a folder of pictures and changed the properties on each photo to have the correct taken by date. I even changed the dated created on a few, but the photo app completely ignores these changes. I also tried changing the photo taken date via the photo app. but,...
  5. Windows 11 Photos App will not sort by Date Taken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos App will not sort by Date Taken.: I purchased PC with Windows 11 April 2022. When photos transferred from W10 they were organized by Date Taken which is what I have preferred for many years. When the automatic upgrade occured in Oct 2022 ALL of my photos are unorganized. Even if I click on option to sort by...
  6. Bulk rename photos to date taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk rename photos to date taken: I have found old discussions that offer this link gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Rename-picture-files-with-97738191 but that is redirected to TechNet gallery. Is there an updated script that works with Windows 11?...
  7. uploading photos by date taken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uploading photos by date taken: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder in file explorer organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  8. Photo App ignoring Date Taken of pictures

Photo App ignoring Date Taken of pictures: I file my Pictures in folders for Year. Within the Year, pictures are filed by Date Taken. When I open the Photo App, the pictures are listed by Year, but not in Date Taken sequence. Win 10 up to date Bill...
  9. Photos not displayed by Taken Date

Photos not displayed by Taken Date: I've scanned photos into my laptop and used File Explorer to correct the Taken Date. I file them by Year and some Years have Folders for Month. Some of them have been changed and refiled. The Photo app doesn't display them by Taken Date. File Explorer has a Folder for My...
  10. Organize Photos by Date Taken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Organize Photos by Date Taken: I recently purchased a new computer from Best Buy that came with Windows 10. I have hundreds of photos that I want to organize by DATE TAKEN. All I could get Windows 10 to do was organize them into 3 categories: LAST WEEK, LAST YEAR, and A LONG TIME AGO. Those may not be...