Windows 10: Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....

Discus and support Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced..... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Had this problem: Took a picture rotated on my iphone. Save pic to Windows 10 laptop. Opened picture in MS Office Picture Manger**, rotated the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wr213, Feb 4, 2021.

1. wr213 Win User

Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....

Had this problem:

Took a picture rotated on my iphone. Save pic to Windows 10 laptop. Opened picture in MS Office Picture Manger**, rotated the picture to taste, save it. Closed MSOPM, Now picture is rotated wrong in thumbnail. This is incredibly annoying, esepcially if you rotate the thumbnail and it messes up the in-App view again. You are seemingly stuck with different views. Here is the fix:

1. Open the picture in its photo viewer application.

2. Rotate it correctly and save.

3. Go back to file explorer and select thumbnail.

4. rotate the thumbnail to taste.

This shouldnt mess up the rotation in step 1. and you are good to go.

** if you cannot stand the cartoon-y windows 10 photo app, you can install the old Microsoft picture manager from a free microsoft download:

1. download Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 64-bit

Download Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 64-bit from Official Microsoft Download Center

2. run the installer and choose certain components to install - ONLY.

3. Find MSOPM application in the list and check it, and complete the install

Hope this helps some of you!

:)

wr213, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Ted_9458 Win User

photos doesn't rotate

Problem: When opening file folder with thumbnail of photo.

1. if file needs rotated, I'm unable to do this using the rotate icon - it does nothing

2. When opening the photo in the preinstalled photo app - it self rotoates, but when attaching to an email it attaches in the same position as the thumbnail.

3. I really preferred the old Windows photo viewing program - it was more user friendly.

Ted_9458, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Ron79 Win User
    Thumbnails

It may not be a cache problem. I have the same problem when I am using Microsoft Office 2010 as my default photo viewer.

Before Windows 10, I used Office 2010 as my default photo viewer and I could rotate the thumbnail 90 degrees and the corresponding actual photo would also rotate 90 degrees. This made it easy to straighten up a bunch of photos without having to open each one by one. Now with Windows 10, when I use Office 2010 and rotate the thumbnail, the corresponding photo does not rotate - just the thumbnail. And if I have the photo open and rotate it and then save & close the photo, the corresponding thumbnail will not automatically rotate to match.

Since having the problem, I have tried rotating thumbnails and photos using Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 and happily it works in the way that Office 2010 used to (i.e. the thumbnails & photos stay locked into the same rotation). Do I have to abandon Office 2010 to keep my thumbnails & photos in sync?

-

Ron79, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....

Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....

1. Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced..... - Similar Threads - Photos Thumbnail App

2. Photos app - thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app - thumbnail: I used to be able to select resize and the thumbnail option was always there, now it just displays pixel or percentage?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-thumbnail/a38f53d8-6bcf-4d30-87e5-a1e5c813803f
  3. Photos app - thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app - thumbnail: I used to be able to select resize and the thumbnail option was always there, now it just displays pixel or percentage?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-thumbnail/a38f53d8-6bcf-4d30-87e5-a1e5c813803f
  4. not synced photo thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not synced photo thumbnails not showing: I've got an issue where certain photos on my pc namely photos that aren't synced with onedrive don't have their thumbnails/previews showing, while the few photos that ARE synced with onedrive do have their thumbnails shown. Disabling onedrive simply just removes the...
  5. not synced photo thumbnails not showing

not synced photo thumbnails not showing: I've got an issue where certain photos on my pc namely photos that aren't synced with onedrive don't have their thumbnails/previews showing, while the few photos that ARE synced with onedrive do have their thumbnails shown. Disabling onedrive simply just removes the...
  6. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  7. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  8. view thumbnails of photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    view thumbnails of photos: Good day I have tried all the usual fixes for this problem clicking the check marks in view , making sure I am in lg or ex lg view. still only can get the photo app icon to view. this is in all my photo folders Peter...
  9. Auto Rotate in Photos App

Auto Rotate in Photos App: Every time I open portrait oriented photos with the Photos app, it automatically rotates the photo to landscape. When I try to rotate it back to its original portrait orientation, it flips it upside down no matter how many times I try. I then attempt to open the same photo...
  10. Photos App - No Thumbnails

Photos App - No Thumbnails: On my neighbour's machine (that I did a clean install on) when they load pictures from their camera, and the Photo app launches, all the photos/pictures shown in the Photo app are blank - i.e. the thumbnails are not showing. On this machine thumbnails are set to show and if...