Windows 10: Photos tile

Discus and support Photos tile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Photos tile does not open. The photos app is no longer in the Settings list. Store info states that it is installed. If it was in the list to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AudreyBroomhead, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Photos tile

Photos tile does not open. The photos app is no longer in the Settings list. Store info states that it is installed. If it was in the list to uninstall and reinstall

would I lose the photos. Audrey

:)

AudreyBroomhead, Jul 23, 2018

2. Controlling which photos appear on the photo tile

Hi,

To resolve the issue, we would suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key”, right click on Photo app
    • Click “Turn Live tile off
    • Now open the “Photo app”, click on “settings” in the left pane
    • Add photos folder in the sources that you want to view on the tile
    • In the “photo tile” option, click on “recent photos
    • Close the current window, again press “Windows key”
    • You should be able to see the selected images now

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Photos app tile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To better understand the issue please let us know.

1.Does the issue happens to every photo or to that particular photo?

2.Have you tried changing the photo on the tile and see if the issue persists?

If not follow the steps to change the photo on the tile and see if it helps:

• Open the Photos app.

• Go to settings and go to photo tiles and change it to a single photo and see if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps.

If the issue persists please get back to us we will be happy to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Photos tile

Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Photos tile

1. Photos tile - Similar Threads - Photos tile

2. [Help] Is there a way to tile multiple photos together for your desktop shuffle?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Is there a way to tile multiple photos together for your desktop shuffle?: I have some photos that aren't big enough to use individually. Is there a program that can tile 2 or 3 random photos together as a background on shuffle when a single photo isn't big enough? submitted by /u/andimnotbragging [link] [comments]...
  3. LIVE TILE - PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LIVE TILE - PHOTOS: the Photo live tile, off the start button menu, does not work. I can turn it off or on, but no function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tile-photos/41d15ed4-f8b6-4b99-aa51-c263626df6c8
  4. Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection

Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection: Hi, Just wondering if it's possible to turn off the auto zoom/cropping that happens to images in a Photos App collection when viewing it??? As in not when opening an individual image but when there are multiple images in a folder or collection. cheers....
  5. Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click...: I have deleted photos, they are not available in Photos. However when I click the windows button in the bottom left, they show up under Photos tile as a thumbnail. If i click the thumbnail they do not show up. I have tried everything and cannot get them to not show up....
  6. How do you restart the live tile for the photos file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you restart the live tile for the photos file?: How do you restart the live tile for the photos file? My live tile won't work anymore. I remember seeing a fix in here for that a few years ago....
  7. How to change the Photo Live Tile images in Windows 10 desktop?

How to change the Photo Live Tile images in Windows 10 desktop?: My question is the similar to what is discussed here, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-so-you-change-the-rotating-photo-tile-images/9f98433c-7116-4eb4-8b8e-47e1a712c7e6 For me, the same five photos scroll in Photos Live Tile. Doing a search, I...
  8. Windows 10 live photo tile only will show recent photos slideshow on it

Windows 10 live photo tile only will show recent photos slideshow on it: Windows-10_Live Photo Tile, only change to show the -Recent Photos-slideshow. Will-not change to show a single photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-live-photo-tile-only-will-show-recent/4524197d-fa19-4c3a-b287-0c610910d61f
  9. Windows 10 photos apps tile

Windows 10 photos apps tile: Dear Sir/Madam In my windows 10 pro-2018 edition...I want to customize my favorites picture in photos app tile at start menu but in setting menu of photos app there are options where I can see three options first Recent photos/favorites/ A single photo. I select...
  10. live photo tile on windows 10 pc and windows phone

live photo tile on windows 10 pc and windows phone: Hi Can anyone tell me why my photos live tile on phone and pc only shows 5 photos now when it used to show all my photos. I miss seeing the different photos ....