Windows 10: Photos tile

Discus and support Photos tile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Photos tile does not open. The photos app is no longer in the Settings list. Store info states that it is installed. If it was in the list to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AudreyBroomhead, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Photos tile

Photos tile does not open. The photos app is no longer in the Settings list. Store info states that it is installed. If it was in the list to uninstall and reinstall

would I lose the photos. Audrey

:)

AudreyBroomhead, Jul 23, 2018

2. Controlling which photos appear on the photo tile

Hi,

To resolve the issue, we would suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key”, right click on Photo app
    • Click “Turn Live tile off
    • Now open the “Photo app”, click on “settings” in the left pane
    • Add photos folder in the sources that you want to view on the tile
    • In the “photo tile” option, click on “recent photos
    • Close the current window, again press “Windows key”
    • You should be able to see the selected images now

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Photos app tile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To better understand the issue please let us know.

1.Does the issue happens to every photo or to that particular photo?

2.Have you tried changing the photo on the tile and see if the issue persists?

If not follow the steps to change the photo on the tile and see if it helps:

• Open the Photos app.

• Go to settings and go to photo tiles and change it to a single photo and see if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps.

If the issue persists please get back to us we will be happy to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Photos tile

Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Photos tile

1. Photos tile - Similar Threads - Photos tile

2. How do I get my photos back in tile display in photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get my photos back in tile display in photos?: How do I get my photos back to show in tile display in Photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-photos-back-in-tile-display-in/667fe81c-6d51-4782-aa19-ab8c8d575ae2
  3. How do I get my photos back in tile display in photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my photos back in tile display in photos?: How do I get my photos back to show in tile display in Photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-photos-back-in-tile-display-in/667fe81c-6d51-4782-aa19-ab8c8d575ae2
  4. How do I get my photos back in tile display in photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode: desktop photo app will not give me a live tile PS its in the on position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-photos-will-not-go-on-in-live-tile-mode/2b9f6df0-37fc-4127-a391-3e7f616b8e7f
  6. desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode

desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode: desktop photo app will not give me a live tile PS its in the on position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-photos-will-not-go-on-in-live-tile-mode/2b9f6df0-37fc-4127-a391-3e7f616b8e7f
  7. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  8. Photo App live tile no longer working

Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  9. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...
  10. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...