Windows 10: Photos turning black.

Discus and support Photos turning black. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My photos are turning black in my photo apps. Photoshop, Photos, Lightroom, etc They look fine in thumbnails, but when I open them in the app, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TammioJ, Aug 16, 2022.

1. TammioJ Win User

Photos turning black.

My photos are turning black in my photo apps. Photoshop, Photos, Lightroom, etc They look fine in thumbnails, but when I open them in the app, they first appear, and then a dark grey, almost black covers them. This was happening in Windows 10, I thought the update to 11 would help, but no change. Thank you!

:)

TammioJ, Aug 16, 2022
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos turning black. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Drone Win User
    Space images thread

Photos turning black. [​IMG]

• Evidence that some early supermassive black holes formed directly from the collapse of a gas cloud has been found.
    • These results could represent a major step in the understanding of how the Universe's first giant black holes formed.
    • Two candidate black hole "seeds" have been identified, possibly at < 1 billion years after the Big Bang.
    • Astronomers combined data from Chandra, Hubble, and Spitzer to make this discovery.

Drone, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Photos turning black.

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Photos turning black.

1. Photos turning black. - Similar Threads - Photos turning black

2. Photos turning black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos turning black.: My photos are turning black in my photo apps. Photoshop, Photos, Lightroom, etc They look fine in thumbnails, but when I open them in the app, they first appear, and then a dark grey, almost black covers them. This was happening in Windows 10, I thought the update to 11 would...
  3. Pictures turning black in Photos app of Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Pictures turning black in Photos app of Windows 11/10: [IMG]If your pictures are turning black in the Windows Photos app after opening, these solutions will help you fix the issue. Whether it is happening with JPEG, PNG, or any other format, you can follow these suggestions to troubleshoot the issue. Pictures turning black in...
  4. Black photos in preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black photos in preview: I’m trying to make a video using Windows Video Editor. At first, all of my videos and pictures showed fine but now some of my pictures show a black screen when I do a preview of my video. How can I fix this?...
  5. Black photos in preview

Black photos in preview: I’m trying to make a video using Windows Video Editor. At first, all of my videos and pictures showed fine but now some of my pictures show a black screen when I do a preview of my video. How can I fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 Photo Viewer turning black/negative.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer turning black/negative.: It happen after Windows updated to latest version. I have done all the necessary troubleshooting I found on here so far all of it couldn't solve this issue.and lastly I don't have a restore point. which should've included to create one if there is an update.It's fine for...
  7. jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos

jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos: jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos. it works on paint but i want the slide show to work not interested in using paint please help...
  8. Microsoft Photos Images Turn Black Reversed / Negative

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos Images Turn Black Reversed / Negative: Some JPG images I receive look fine as a thumbnail but when they open in Photos they turn black or reversed or negative. Not sure of the exact word. When it opens they appear correctly for a brief second and then turn black. Any suggestions? This happens on two of my...
  9. Photos turn black after opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos turn black after opening: When I try to open the jpeg file in Photos, the file always turns black. This has been happening with the jpeg file I saved from Photoshop after I updated my Windows even the ones that were perfectly fine previously....
  10. Photos - black screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos - black screen: Photos opens as black screen, uninstall option grayed out. Tried repair ;and troubleshooter just tired loading for a couple of hours. It is not listed in store apps. Has it been discontinued? is there a replacement. If I open a photo, that opens the app and I have imported...