Windows 10: Photos update

Discus and support Photos update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently was able to update to windows 10 and the photos app is making me so aggravated, I enjoy being able to look at my photos full screen in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JessicaGomez3, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Photos update

I recently was able to update to windows 10 and the photos app is making me so aggravated, I enjoy being able to look at my photos full screen in the microsoft app before choosing which photo to edit in photoshop. It literally takes up to 30 seconds for some photos to load so I can view them, some never load and sometimes if I switch and go look at a tab and go back to photos the picture that was once clear has went to a pixelated minecraft looking piece of art. I don't have an unlimited amount of time to sit and wait for photos to load so I may have to try using adobe bridge instead, unless someone can help me figure it out.

:)

JessicaGomez3, Dec 4, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos update :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Photos update

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Photos update

1. Photos update - Similar Threads - Photos update

2. Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update: When my laptop updated back in June it took me a bit to realize that a large photos folder where I store family photos just disappeared. I would never delete it and it would take awhile to delete because of how many photos are in there so I would have noticed if I had...
  3. LOST PHOTOS & Music after Oct. 2018 Windoes update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LOST PHOTOS & Music after Oct. 2018 Windoes update.: This was actually a question for over the last month I had tried to solve by reading Microsoft community questions about my same problem. I was able to solve it after Logging into Microsoft DRIVE ONE which automatically began to download all my missing pictures. It is still...
  4. 3d effects Photo was working but afrter last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d effects Photo was working but afrter last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file...: 3d effects Photo Windows 10 Pro was working but after last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-effects-photo-was-working-but-afrter-last/8b4e1ecb-f142-45ea-a3b4-e105180177c6
  5. How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10: How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10. My not accept photos fro my Canon elf vamera which ate not .jpeg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-photo-viewer-in-windows-10/7354905c-2e0f-4725-b84a-31053608623c
  6. Photos app is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809....

Photos app is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809....: The Photos app is not opening after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/photos-app-is-not-working-after-upgrading-to/3ff2b9ae-21e7-4d6b-a351-02098443af1f
  7. Popular free photo editor Paint.NET is getting a big update on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Popular free photo editor Paint.NET is getting a big update on Windows: If you consider that Photoshop is too difficult and MS Paint is too simple to work, you might want to try Paint.NET, a powerful and free image editor for Windows developed on the .NET Framework platform. Earlier this year, the developer of the Paint.NET app published the app...
  8. Windows 10 Photos app updated with improved image editing interface

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Photos app updated with improved image editing interface: Windows has always had different ways of viewing photos stored in local drives and the experience has got better and modern with Windows 10. The operating system comes with a new built-in Photos app that lets you view, organize and edit the media content. Basically,...
  9. Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature: Microsoft Photos is a feature-rich app and the service is getting better with each update. For example, Microsoft has added a new Favorites option to the Photos app. Today, Microsoft Photos app for Windows 10 is getting a new update with one minor change and other...
  10. Why does the MS WIN 10 updates remove Apple Drivers for ITUNES to obtain photos from and...

Why does the MS WIN 10 updates remove Apple Drivers for ITUNES to obtain photos from and...: Itunes opens - no access to cell phone device plugged into UHB port. Device Manager cannot find any Apple Drivers due to WIN 10 which were eliminated Apple Drivers by WIN 10 updates This has happened on every single WIN 10 update in year 2018 on a 64 bit DELL LAPTOP...