Windows 10: Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up

Discus and support Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Basically when it's a jpg file the thumbnails shows up but when it's a PNG or MP4 file or any type of different file the thumbnail doesn't show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by funnywoman, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up

Basically when it's a jpg file the thumbnails shows up but when it's a PNG or MP4 file or any type of different file the thumbnail doesn't show up anymore, I tried going into system and check the "show thumbnail not icon" I tried going into folder options and do the same thing I tried cleaning up my thumbnails, nothing seems to work, what should I do?

:)

funnywoman, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Sep 20, 2020
  3. moonbugs Win User
    Not all photo thumbnails showing.

Hi there chaps.

I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up [​IMG]

But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails.
    Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up [​IMG]

I have tried to delete the thumbnail cache and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt.

moonbugs, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Margitaki Win User

Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up

Microsoft Lumia problem with deleted video thumbnail

Hi, i recorded a video on my Lumia 640 XL LTE and after i deleted the video, the thumbnail on the Video tile was still showing up. I DO NOT have an SD card in the phone. Some things i tried :

• I rebooted the phone and it didnt work.
    • I recorded another videoso it would show the new video's thumbnail and it didnt work
    • I set my favorites on some photos and set to show thumbnail on tile of favorited photo
    I would also like to know where does Windows Phone OS draw thumbnails from? It's obvious it doesn't draw thumbnails from the original videos. So where does it draw from and how can i ensure that ALL DATA from a deleted file/photo/video is completely erased?

Margitaki, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up

1. Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up - Similar Threads - Photos Videos Thumbnails

2. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  3. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  4. Video thumbnails not showing up in Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails not showing up in Windows Explorer.: So I've been having this problem for several months now..One day some of my video thumbnails weren't showing, so I deleted the thumbnail cache, and then they were all gone and never returned. It was like Windows lost the ability to create thumbnails for videos, and as I moved...
  5. Video thumbnails not showing up in Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video thumbnails not showing up in Windows Explorer.: So I've been having this problem for several months now..One day some of my video thumbnails weren't showing, so I deleted the thumbnail cache, and then they were all gone and never returned. It was like Windows lost the ability to create thumbnails for videos, and as I moved...
  6. Video thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video thumbnails not showing: Hi all, so I have a strange issue with thumbnails for video files not showing - it's just the Film & TV icon. This happens ONLY for video files - pictures thumbnails show up just fine. The videos are typical MP4 files H264 encoding and play perfectly fine in the Film & TV...
  7. Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos

Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos: Hi there, I don't know why, but whenever my thumbnails do not show the previews for the pictures Always tends to occur at night time. I've looked through MULTIPLE threads and they All say the same exact thing which is: "Go to View tab, go to Options, and go to the change...
  8. Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files

Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files: Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files in file explorer which is very frustrating because i want to know what i'm about to view before i click on it....
  9. photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive

photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive: photos not showing up with thumbnails in one drive BUT the same photos on my windows 10 pc do have thumbnails in windows explorer (outside of the one drive folders). How do I get thumbnails back on onedrive ?...
  10. video and photo thumbnail not displaying

video and photo thumbnail not displaying: I can open photos and videos but it doesn't display the image/video on the thumbnail which is frustrating as I want to send some photos to someone but have to click on each image and open it to view it, same applies to videos, help!...